BOOTCAMP January 2021

Cassel

Annie T., you might need to tell us where you did your groceries so others can have a delicious sandwich like yours! You really chose the correct papers for that photo!

Cindy, the curved photo does very well on your layout. I see how your shadows are so much more realistic than they were a few months ago!

Ann S., how did you download the png elements you found? Did it have a download button or did you try to right-click on the image? You definitely managed to create a great page with all that work you did.

Mary, I apologize if some of the kits are not as easy to download as I wish. Yes, some designers use Dropbox, however, I didn't think you HAD to have it, as there is usually a direct download link. For the Text tool, it SHOULD use the color in the toolbar but I find that it is not reliable because it does not seem to always take into account the options of NO material, or gradients or patterns, which is why I suggest you refer to the colors in the Materials palette instead. If you want to reactivate the text to edit it, you usually just have to double-click on the text (making sure you catch a pixel on the text). Another way would be to go to the Layers palette, find the Text, click on the tiny arrow on the left to "open" the Object, and right-clicking on it and choosing Edit Text. That should make the cursor appear and then you should be able to highlight the text or click where you need to edit. As for the Embellishments, where did you get the papers? Maybe you just downloaded a "paper pack"? Maybe there is an "element pack" at the same place?

Annie, are you doing the Project 2?? I thought it was to be sent only tomorrow?? A question for you: is EFTELING the name of the park or does it mean something else?

Julia, did you add shadows to your elements and papers? The scattered beads do seem to have shadows but the other elements might just have some that are too thin?

Posting Project 1 as I had questions and what I posted previously was to get answers. I have taken Tutorials from Discovery and replayed taking notes Day 3 multiple times.  Finally got some paper and embellishments.

One question- Why does my Image go from just seeing the image to seeing my prefered white background with the image on it?  It takes up too much space on the workspace that way and the rulers are no longer touching and starting with 0.  There is the background then the image.  Hope I am making sense.

I still can't get the dropper to work when in the Text tool so that I can capture a color from my photo.

I hope to be caught up by Monday with Day 4 and 5.  So please continue to leave them available to me. Thanks!

Here's my second project, a photo out my kitchen window after a heavy snowfall in early January. I got lucky and picked up a mega kit entitled Iceland so I have lots of snow stuff to use, especially the papers, the photo frame and the pine cone. The trees are from the Corel winter clipart package. As usual, I doubled up on the title, shifting the lower white layer to the left so it looked a little snowy and I did add a drop shadow.

This is all you get today.  I spent hours and hours AND HOURS on this.  I started over (meaning shutting down PSP and starting fresh) at least half dozen times.    Got to this point and got the drop shadow on the photo.  Tried on the stripe. Nope. Tried on the lettering.  Nope.. Even clicking on each layer.  I give up.  I am going out to shovel snow to get my frustrations out.  Oh, I did download a few of the free Pixel Scrapper, MrOverlay and Inkydeals.  They are stuck in a zipped folder that I cannot unzip.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

REDO  (happy face!!)   I think I figured out why I was having so much trouble yesterday.  I was going way faster than my computer could keep up, so when I hit the drop shadow I expected the effect to hit immediately and when it didn't of course I clicked on it again, and again and when that didn't help I just was so frustrated by then I walked away.  Today the computer cooperated so much better and look at the results.  I am a happy camper cuz not only did I finish the assignment, I did it without any instructions.  Things are sinking in.  I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement. Thank You.  So, I still can't open the zip files where all the fun stuff is hiding.  I actually created all the extra stuff I used to create my masterpiece.  I am indeed proud of what I did.  I have come along way.  Thank you Carole for your patient, slow and precise instructions.  You rock at teaching!!!

CREDITS

Swan Image by Patrick Robert Doyle (Unsplash)

Jessica Dunn_224513_copper-spice-marble-paper_cu (Pixel Scrapper)

Jessica Dunn_240149_nesting-mask-4-heart_cu (Pixel Scrapper)

Sheila Reid_56578_our-house-nov2014-blog-train-brown-corrugated-board-paper_cu (Pixel Scrapper)

Adellia.otf (Creative Fabrica)

Hi All,

Over 15 years ago I did some tutorials in PSP7 and now finally I am retired and I will have time to learn PSP. I am configuring my PSPX9 (no idea where time went ?). I attended this month’s Master class and totally like Cassel as instructor. I am a little behind but I have the intentions to complete this Bootcamp. Amparo

Ann you are such a sweetie. I just felt like doing another of the Day 3 project using the other freebie that Carole gave us access to! You are right about the calendar though ... I am always the last one to post as Cassel's posting time is Northern Hemisphere and as I am Southern Hemisphere (half a day ahead). What you girls and boys receive for the 15th I don't receive it until the 16th cos you get it through my night time which is your day time ... does this make sense, cos it doesn't to me, ROTFL! Anyway Ann I did love your New Dane In Town, fun to peruse, and your After the Snowfall is fab! Thank you my friend, enjoyed browsing your pages. ;D

Hello Clarine ... oh I can so understand your frustration! When I first started out with PSP there were times when I had to walk away in tears of frustration. But over the years it came to me and now I love it. I cannot help you with what is going on for you but I am sure Carole will come to the fore. That said, I really love what you have done with this ... those colours are a match made in heaven! Chin up my friend and don't give in!!! ;D

Hi Bootcampers.  Day 4 - Adventure.  Photo by Filip Mroz from Unsplash.  It is of  Drake Bay in Costa Rica.  Scrap kit used was Pond Life by Janet Scott of Pixel Scrappers.  Froggie is looking a bit hungry so Dragonfly had better watch it!  Thanks for takin a peek.  ;D