September Theme Challenge - TREES

Cassel

Theme-Trees.png

This time of year, we can often see changes in trees. If we are in the northern hemisphere, trees are starting to show fall colors. In the south, spring is getting them to wake up from the winter. I guess around the equator, trees might not change that much, but then, you have plenty of trees to show us.

What will you showcase? Some 4-season photos of the big tree in your front yard? The unusual trees you saw while on vacation? A tree where you did engrave your name and you loved one's? Whatever it is, show use some layouts about trees. There are so many around, you can just go take a pic if needed!

Let's go!

Where I live the trees grow big. I love to walk in these forests. It always amazed me that when these trees were cut that the stumps would eventually nurse new ones.

The oak and maple leaves don't really belong in a coniferous forest but they were the only photos I had that I could turn into embellishments.

Hello everyone ... Nice to see such wonderful works here. I've been away a while - summer company. Not much time to play on the computer. Glad to see everyone's art. :o) I am a very early riser. My favorite time of day - to wake with the birds and listen. This was yesterday morning at 5:49am. Fog bank on the other side of the thin strip of woods in front of my house. Beyond those woods are farm fields and as you can see they were very foggy. Looked pretty so I ran to get my camera. Wasn't quite dawn yet, so I didn't really think it would come out ... the sky was an eerie color - like you would see in a jigsaw puzzle. I didn't really do much to it ... was pretty just left simple.

Thank you, Sandra. It is peaceful here on a dirt road. This morning there was no fog, but right outside the window, not even three/four feet from it, was a Mama Deer and her baby. Baby still has some spots. Ran and got my camera AGAIN! My house is in the middle of an ancient apple orchard and apples are starting to fall. Lots for them to eat. :) I see them two maybe three times during the day ... sometimes even in the back yard just beyond the pergola where they like to hang out. I can see them from my kitchen window and I think Mom knows I am watching as she looks right at me, too. Plenty of natural stuff to eat there. I usually get the wild turkeys, too. It was a flock of seven and it has grown to about 14 in a matter of a couple weeks. Not sure where they are getting the new clan members?? But they are fun to watch, even if they do clean house on all the birds seed.

Minka, what a beautiful pictures!  This  American crayfish was walking across our street the other day. I have never seen one so far away from some water. They are not indigenous to my country but pose a thread because they breed very well here.

I will come and look what everybody is making, but I will not be doing very much because I took a fall and heavily bruised my hand. After X-rays it was clear nothing is broken and that is a relieve. Unfortunely it's the hand I use for the mouse on my computer. Typing is okay, but working on a LO not! But I can attend the masterclass coming sunday, at least something to look forward to.

See you all

Hi Corrie ... I have NEVER seen an American Crayfish ... nevermind one out for a walkabout!  LOL  It sort of looks like a mini lobster, huh?  Are they in fresh water or salt water there?  I hope your hand heals quickly ... and you can get back to what you do very well.  Make lovely stuff to look at!  Take care and be careful with that hand!

Art, Sawnie and Minka each of you have created very nice pages.. well done

Corrie falls are not pleasant when they happen... I am happy to read that you have not broken any bones and hopefully your hand will steadily improve... take care of yourself.

best wishes everyone,

Dawn.

My challenge for september "TREES" I have featured the image taken on the 1st day of spring in New Zealand, as we were greeted with such a cold day and quite heavy snow showing on the mountain range, and surrounding areas. There was no snow  on our ground.  The trees are in full blossom, I hope the fruit hasn't been damaged.  The other images I have taken around town and on my travels.

Minka, that crayfish is also called red crayfish and is about 10 cm long. It lives in fresh water and is apparently delicious to eat. It is some sort of fresh water lobster. Thank you for your concern, I will take care.

Dawn, thank you, while doing nothing I can enjoy all the nice work that is done here and get inspired.

Shirley, nice trees. It is a strange thought that while we  are going into autumn, you are into spring! I find it the loveliest season when everything gets green again and in bloom, enjoy it.

Corrie  I was sorry to hear about your hand.  Prayers for a quick recovery.  That Crayfish would scare me lol.  Dont know if I would want to walk around with them in my yard.

Minka =Your home looks very peaceful. I have enjoyed the photos.

Sawnie I love what you did with all the different trees.  Great Layout!

Shirley I love your layout especially the beautiful blooming tree in the middle.

Hi I have done a template with Trees.  The Kentia Palms which are native to Lord Howe Island, Australia, but cultivated elsewhere for Gardens etc.    Took the photos several years ago on a visit to Lord Howe Island, such a beautiful Island.  Visitors are limited to 400 at a time.

Kentia Palms