What are you working on (in July 2020)?

Cassel

Lynda, nice new additions! I like the black and white Negative Effect very much, and especially the Garden Film Strip. I haven't tried the tutorials, so I wonder if I, too, will have issues with the layered effect.

When I mentioned in my last comment papers and elements, I was referring to my process of creation:

First, I choose photos that will be compatible with the tutorials. In the last LAB, there was netting, so I decided to look for pictures at the beach. After that, I look for papers and elements in my stash that will fit the photos and layout; sometimes, just what I create with the tutorials is enough and doesn't need extra elements. But it is not every day that I am inspired, so it takes time. :D

Thanks for the tip, I like PixelScraper very much and have a few of their freebies. :)

This was for my gaming group today. I stumbled upon a technique that, for me, was new. I was originally going to use the illustration as a frame for a collage so I selected each of the separate fashion pics separately, inverted the selection, contracted it, moved to the illustration layer, and hit delete. When I moved the illustration to the top and added a drop shadow, I did not like the result at all. After playing around a bit, I lowered the opacity on the illustration layer and added a white background as the bottom layer. To my surprise, the result was that the individual pics looked like I had framed each of them. I added a little drop shadow to each fashion pic and was finally happy. Now I'm sure this result can be achieved using different techniques. However, since I had no idea what I was going to do, it turned out to be a happy accident for me. Sometimes you don't know where you're going until you get there.

Hi Christina,

Thanks for the tips on how to start a project. I have no such discipline. I just kinda sit at the computer , put a line on the paper, so to speak, and hope something comes into my head. No process what so ever. I will have to try your method.

Most if not all the stuff I make I have no idea what to do with them. My big thing is photography and with this virus we are not getting out much. A person can only take so many photos of their backyard before it becomes redundant.

I'm grateful for Carole's labs and lessons as it gives me something constructive to do and I actually learn all the little ins and outs of PSP.

Glad to see everyone's posts. Always something good to see.

hello Michele another great page for your group...  ... it is  quite a happy feeling when something unexpected happens in our creativity ... hope your unexpected result put a smile on your face.. it did on mine.

best wishes as always,

Dawn.

A lot of really cool works, plenty of so different techniques. WOW!!!

I was curious about the selective focus that Carole mentioned last week and followed the link to the tutorial on the blog. So I had to play a little bit and used the radial selection tool for the picture here.

Hi Lynda, I hope my method for the lab tutorials works for you; but in the end, it is more important that you have fun doing something, with or without a method. :) And what you create, although you don't know what to do now, it is for sure an inspiration for others.

Michele, I agree with Bonnie; it is amazing how creative you are, having to come up with something new every day. As I mentioned before, I really like your choice for the illustrations, and you always come up with a great layout, like this one.

Libera, you achieved a very interesting effect with dramatic colors with this technique.

Guest Guest
I used the Warp Brush effect to turn my sister's french bulldog into a moppet (big eyes and ears).  The eyes are 3x bigger than in real life.  I think it's cute this way - she doesn't :-)