Theme Challenge - OUTER SPACE

Cassel

1.png

Most nights, we can see the moon, stars and if the sky is clear, the Milky Way. We are often fascinated by those, whether we are amateur astronomer, serious ones, or just looking up without any tools. Kids will pretend to visit other galaxies in spaceships or rockets. Those are all stories you can tell. And remember, a layout does not HAVE to include a photo: if you have a fun story without an actual photo, tell it anyways!

Show us those photos or tell us those fun stories.

Let's go!

@Bonnie: wonderful spectacle and great chance for you and friends to have had one of the best places!

Oh yes, Minka, I admire these astronauts for their courage and achievement, very temptating the idea of "taking a walk on the wild side". I like the song but the way you put your dream in scene too. Thumbs up :-).

So just let's dream on!!

With the theme OUTER SPACE, one thing came immediately to mind: the Spaceneedle in Seattle. I visited there in january of this year. It was a marvellous experience! We had a fantastic view thanks to super weather. So I made this page. I made the background following Carole's e-mail. And the fonts are Hobo and Alex Brush which some of you mentioned; thanks! The quote obviously is from StarTrek

Cassel said, " Kids will pretend to visit other galaxies in spaceships or rockets."

I was one of those kids.

I fondly remember Buster Crabbe who almost got to be Tarzan, but instead became Flash Gordon and I was one of his Saturday Video Rangers.. which actually was a TV show right before Howdy Doodie Time.

It was because of Flash that I learned to like Ralston Purina cereal and got these wonderful space objects.  It was a long time before Capt Kirk arrived on the scene but I was already loving anything that involved space.  Here is a sorta representation of my bedroom back in the day as they say.

I was checking my facts about Sally Ride, one of  my heros when I stumbled across the fact that Canada also had a famous NSA Astronaut.

Roberta Bondar  (born December 4, 1945) is Canada's first female astronaut and the first neurologist in space. After more than a decade as head of an international space medicine research team collaborating with NASA, Bondar became a consultant and speaker in the business, scientific, and medical communities.

Bondar has received many honors including Companion of the Order of Canada, the Order of Ontario, the NASA Space Medal, over 28 honorary degrees, induction into the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame, the International Women's Forum Hall of Fame and a star on Canada's Walk of Fame.

Out of space challenge. You wouldn't catch me in that restaurant, I couldn't even walk on the glass floor at the Auckland tower and I got half way across a river on a swing bridge once and had to crawl back.  So scary.  I see I have spelt Restaurant incorrect. Oops!!

Cassel said, "I hope you will add that story to the page or to an adjacent page because someone looking at it, won’t know what is all behind that work!"

This was not an easy task as I have  lot of things I wanted to add and had no room on that page and then something you sent to us awhile back came to mind and voila! I got it done so without further hesitation here is space bedroom part 2. The Explanation:

Basic background papers are in 3 layers blended together, then a layer with paint splashes, then I created some solar looking layer with various adjustments, added a moon also with various adjustnments, same again with a planet and space ship I have from a kit. added a few stars, at different ocupencies,   a satalite from images.

My brother and sister are year twins and I am one year and 2 days after my sister.   We gather annually to celebrate our birthdays.  This was from 2018 and the theme was The Future.   I added lots of elements to this project from a purchased kit.   Added a solar effect to the paper and a few shadows.  Used Cass date stamp.   Had lots of fun doing this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...