What are you working on (in November 2019)?

Cassel

Trish, those are wonderful pics to commemorate Remembrance Day & Veterans Day. As far as your bday cards, I have to admit I sometimes "recycle" ones that I've made. I try to personalize each one, but sometimes I'm caught off guard and don't have the time.

At the moment I'm in  a frame making, frame of mind!  Pardon the pun.   I took a look at the latest lab tutorials last night. Thought I'd try them out.  It's hardly a proper scrapbook page, but then  anything goes in scrapbooking.  This is a male  American Goldfinch, I shot the other day.  Most unusual to still see the odd one so late in the year.  I hope he makes his migratory journey from Canada,  through America to Mexico safely.   Stitch line style, wood fence and kidnap alfa.  It's  not on the road theme, well not exactly,  but  on the wing.

Thank you all for your very kind comments  on my photography, and pages, it's always encouraging and very much appreciated.  Each time I come onto the form, it's a real joy to see the work being created.  They give me  ideas, and it's  like taking an educational trip a round the world.  Well done to one  and all.  Trish, I didn't edit the photo, it was  already frosted.   Again thank you, and happy psping.

Sue, I love the way you captured this frosted flower, tis beautiful. The page you created for the male American Goldfish is simplicity at it's best, beautiful photo with lovely use of Lab 9's module 11 to enhance it. Nature produces such beauty in all seasons and you have the happy knack of being able to capture it. Well done my friend. <3

Trish, your remembrance day pages are lovely ... simple and effective ... and, like yourself, I love the poppy flower. Your birthday cakes are again very lovely ... one day I hope to snag a slice, :)

hello Gwen and Welcome !  if you are new to the Campus....... Don't worry we were all beginners at one time or another and I think we  never stop learning as there are always many new ideas and techniques to try and there is joy in the learning process.  You have achieved a nice result for your 1st try in the Basic Scrap Course and I  hope you enjoy the rest of the course.

best wishes,

Dawn.

Trish, the pages are lovely, and the poppy flowers added a great contrast to the photos. Great job!

Sue, beautiful photo and great examples of the Lab9-M11 tutorials. I also love how you made the "Goldfinch" title. Great work!

Gwen, welcome! Nice to see your first try in the Basic Scrap Course. I  remember how happy and proud ;) I was when I made in 2016 my first scrapbook page from this course. Don't forget to show us your next projects! :)

Thank you ladies for  your kind comments.   Gwen, welcome!  You did a great job, and look forward to seeing more of your work.  This is a wonderful site to  learn and have fun.   My attention has been drawn to  the festive season, and card making.  They still need some tweaking.   The framed  project is a trial page, and I've been trying to  write Merry Christmas in the snow, but I'm not happy with the results.  Any  suggestions on how I can make it look more realistic?  Text, selection tool,  cut out tool and  shadowing. The fantasy card, I used textures, sculpture on the text. The lace is a brush.  The clipart I found online,  masks, ellipse tool, texture.   I also found the 12 days of Xmas online, and  Santa  from millions of png images.com

Welcome to the Campus, Gwen, and pat yourself on the back. Your first try was a booming success!

Sue, all of your pages are wonderful. I especially love the edging on the fantasy card; that's a great brush. Personally, I think your Merry Christmas in the snow looks great. (Carole has a sand writing script that I've used. Maybe she has a snow writing script.)

Going through some pics for  seasonal tags.   I used a font for the  silver frame.  Fonts are so versatile, and can be used for so much more than text.  Filled with a silver pattern, sculpture, drop shadow.  Add borders. Kaleidoscope for the outer frame.  For more detailed instructions let me know.  It may look complicated, but it's really  quite simple, and the end result gives that wow factor.

How about something a little different? Two members of my gaming group share the same birthday and I had no inspiration that day. I played around with a "twirl" technique a friend shared (Anne MacGregor, are you in the Campus?). I applied a radial blur adjustment to the original and duplicated the layer. Then I applied a distortion twirl effect on each layer, using corresponding positive and negative degree settings. Changed the blend mode on the top layer to lighten. I duplicated the top layer several times, flipping each one in different directions. When I was finally happy, I merged the layers and brightened it up a bit with Brightness and Contrast. I used that as a base, duplicating the image three times. Then I ran three of Carole's scripts on them: Accordion, Bow 9, and Punched Confetti. I added all the different elements on top of the base and ended up with this. (Before I ran the Accordion script, I added my text and merged it down.) As you can see from the drop shadows, I'm looking forward to Carole's next master class on shadows!

Sue your Christmas cards are wonderful  and your Blue Jay is absolutely  beautiful...  love it!

Michele what a creative birthday greeting you have made... love it!  must give that technique a try when I get those scripts.... your idea would make some nice background papers.

best wishes to you both,

Dawn.

Thanks, Sue. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I agree that PSP offers far more than we are using. A lot of the the tools seem very complicated. We probably just need more time to experiment.

Dawn, you can still do the "twirl" technique to get some interesting backgrounds. And thanks for the encouragement.

Tomorrow is the 6th anniversary of my husbands passing so made this for him.  The webinair was interesting as I had the background as a lighter colour which I really liked but adding a texture ruined it and I couldnt find another way round it  so landed with this purple that enhanced the poppy, but I dont think you can see a texture anymore.

Love that fun birthday card Michele, I love playing around with all those fun  distortion layers when making papers, you have found a fun way to use them .

Sue you really should sell those cards they are lovely.

hello Trish  your page in memory of your husband is very nicely done.

your birthday card is very sweet and I am sure will give joy to the recipient  ... the line art drawing behind the coloured floral image was very  creative.

best wishes  to you Trish,

Dawn.

Sue, all your cards look lovely, and your technique instructions are always welcome. :) ... Like Michele, I also think your Merry Christmas in the snow came out great. I love the idea.

Michele, your cards are really nice, and I love the bright colors. Thank you for the instructions. :)

Trish, the page in memory of your husband is lovely and so touching. I love your new birthday message.

This is the page I -- finally :) -- created to practice the Lab 9 Module 10 tutorials (Quatrefoil - Staple Back - Bingo Card).

I tried different layouts until I was happy with this one.

Template Multiphoto Frame12 by Cassel... I did tags from the bingo cards and used Cassel's Christmas Star Tube freebie... The photo frame was created based on an ancient tutorial from AlphabySusan.

PS: I forgot to give credit to the generous designers that give out freebies.

Papers: PS-Donna Digital Designs "Retro Holly Jolly" and Eyeinspire "Merry Little Christmas"

Elements: Cassel, Corel, Creative Fabrica, DonaDigitalDesigns, DedeSmith, DiHiller, Eyeinspire, and kiss-LisaKelsey

Trish, you have created a beautiful memorial page for Barry and your love for him most definitely shines through. I can definitely see the texture in the background paper when I click on it to view in the larger format, which I always do otherwise I miss too much. He is still with you my friend, just not in a physical presence. ;)

Your birthday card is truly lovely ... simplified and beautiful, well done Hon.