What are you working on (in August 2019)

Cassel

No Trish. Typically, it is the first Sunday of the month but in September, it will have to be on the 8th (I will be at my daughter's place on the first). I have not finalized the topic either (so suggestions are always welcome!)

September to me are berry picking down those hedgerows Carol, making  jam and pickles, would love to know how to make glass look real.

What is everyone up to, I'm still at birthdays,  and playing with effects.  started with a orange unset with a leopard and finish with some crochet and a ball.

Trish I love all your experiments! They are such a variety of different effects. I agree with you. I wish I could achieve a more realistic looking glass. I've played with it some but I didn't get the results I wanted. Maybe the next Webinar can be about glass!!

Lynda your Fancy Wheels are amazing! I'm like you, I was delighted to learn about the History Palette. I just love going through the basic tutorials. I learn something new with every one that I do. You can add my thank you to Carole as well!

Lynda, I love your arrows! That reminds me, I had filed that one away to retry at a later date.  My internet keeps going out on me so I didn't get to say where I found the tutorial at. They must be working on the lines around here somewhere. Every time the wind blows it brings a limb down on the lines somewhere LOL!

Thanks Sharon... Sorry about your internet problems. The town that I live in has above ground wiring except for the small area I live in. It's all underground. No telephone poles and  very little trouble with electric , internet or whatever. I don't know how we got so lucky. We bought this house around 30 years ago and we didn't even consider the underground utilities. Now I'm glad we have them. I know, TMI..I'll go now. :-)

Outstanding work Barb! The colors really do stand out in both of your images.

Lynda, my hats off to you for your feather work! I love all the different colorations.

I found another easy tutorial that might interest you. I had lots of fun with it and it is so easy to do!! It's called Linoleum and it's in the Intermediate Tutorials as well. I loved it anyway, maybe it's the Hippie coming out in me LOL!

Lynda... love your fancy wheels and your arrows and feathers  elements will make  great  additions to your collection.

Barb.. your colour pops look great.

Sharon.. your linoleum looks great. i also like the linoleum pattern and quite often use it as a background paper in some of my projects.

Trish... some more interesting patterns and your card is lovely.

Best wishes to you all,

Dawn.

Love those feathers, where is the tut for that one please Linda,    love those B&W photos Barb, great.   that a fun pic  Sharon, long time since I have heard that word Linoleum, take me back to my child hood.

Well I enjoyed the Warhol post, put me in a mood for some bright colours, good excuse for this colourful lady, another old pic I needed an excuse to use.  Amelia is my husband Grandmother  (aged 16 in this photo) look at how cloths have changed, I think there is enough material in one sleeve to make a dress for todays generation to wear.  Have a nice evening x

I bought the maskmaker script and the photomask script quite some ago, this evening I tried them out for the first time. I had to watch the maskmaker tutorial first. Both scripts are awesome, I will be using them a lot more. In this project I used a tutorial from the campus blog, for the text. Object, turn text to curves, as character shapes. I used both scripts, and merged them together. The background frame I used the brush variance tool to erase a large portion of the original photo, blur, flood filled a new layer white placed it below the frame, merged both layers, added a texture, merged the masked groups, and copied and paste. I selected only the image, and buttonized.