Publish It Challenge - 2019

Cassel

Day 5 - I was pleased the template was going to be divided into 2 as I had already thought of changing one of the others. It was really fascinating to see all the paper models of the sets, what we hadn't expected was that at the end of the tour you walked into a huge room with the model of Hogwarts that was used in many of the distance shots. to get an idea of the size of the model you can see a couple of people on the walking in the right of the photo.

Day 6 - I struggled with this as I couldn't find a photo that looked good divided into four - subjects were getting cut off all the time. I decided to keep the top two as small photos and have the bottom two combined, this worked much better.

Trish, until you close your file, it will still have the layers after you've saved it as a png or jpg. I always save my files as pspimages and then jpg once I'm satisfied. I can always go back to my pspimage file if I want to change something.

Everyone is doing such amazing work! I love looking at it all.

~ Michele

I am late, but I want to post at least one page here for this challenge. It is not the final version, but it is ok for now.

It's been a while since I wanted to use the PSP2019 Pic to Painting plugin, so I decided to use it for the cover picture.

As Carole always emphasizes, we are the designers, and we decide what we want to do. So in other, for my story to make sense or at least to use the photos I have, I will add another page between the cover and page 2.

Thank you, Carole, for this challenge! You are always teaching us something new.

Day 6  This has nothing to do with my subject, RV Adventures 2019, other than the photo was taken in the Texas Hill Country but I was intrigued with the multiple window mask.  After much to do, I finally figured out how to make my own by hit and miss and the Cass template for reference. I'm rather pleased with myself right now as I've never made a mask before.  Thanks Cassell for getting my creative and technical juices running. :-)

I had to rethink this project and decided to focus on one wading bird.  I started with the great egret because of its name: great! There are a couple of things about the two-page spread.  When I put the two pages together, I realized they didn't quite align, so I put three staples about where they'd be if they were actually in a magazine and then pretended to myself that the page have been looked at a lot so they don't quite meet correctly anymore.   And the whole page layout really doesn't follow format of the other pages, but I'm okay with that. Also, for the picture on that page, I used the fine reticulate script to make the picture look a little like maybe someone a long time ago painted it.

Wonderful magazines, Everyone. I have not even begun...soon, I hope. I have just returned after 10 days at the National Senior Games in Albuquerque, NM. There were 14000 athletes from the US and 5 additional countries. Carole, there were Canadian athletes there. I hope to make this trip the subject of my magazine. I fell yesterday and twisted my knee...visiting the Dr. tomorrow. I imagine I will be on the sidelines for awhile so maybe I will get this challenge completed. Thank you, Carole, once again for a great challenge.

Hello everybody, I'm really impressed to see all these works. I just managed today to realize 3 days. But I will go on in the next days just for the fun to do it and go on learning with Caroles templates and tuts. As many of you I love to discover the treasures of nature and this is the subject of my "magazine", discovering every day something stunning. I shot all the pics.

Day 7. I had a few landscape photos I wanted to display and the templates so far didn't seem to match, so I went back to the double page template, changed the first page and added a completely new second page.

This challenge has been really good, certainly given us lots of practice in using masks. There have been some really great pages posted, so diverse but all with something interesting to display. Now looking forward to our next challenge.

I decided to do a slightly adjusted copy of the 1 in 4 for this one, and this time I wanted to use 4 separate photos.  Unsplash photos (again) taken by, top L to R - Sasha Stories, Will Truettner, bottom L to R, Audrius Sutkus, Mike Yukhtenko.  Thanks for takin a peek.