What are you working on (in May 2019)?

Cassel

I finally took some time out from learning and created another family scrapbook page. I have lots of wonderful stuff from Pixelscrapper and I've been dying to use some of it! Their work is far superior to what I'm currently creating. The photos I used are from 1959. They are of my Granny and my Great Uncle, taken in the house my mother grew up in. The house is gone now so these photos are all I have of it.

Sharon, I don't think your ocean photo was ever mediocre, but with the slats, it is spectacular!  Your page is wonderful, too. How lucky you are to have those pics. I use a lot from Pixelscrapper, too. It's a great resource.

~ Michele

Thanks for the music picture tubes Cassel, they are terrific and after much practice, I was able to put them to use.  I only have a pc and mouse so it took many attempts to get the staff to look smooth!  Another thank you, Cassel, for the fabulous tip on coloring the notes individually using the layer lock transparency and the brush tool ... and, I did color the notes to match the photo so it was a very effective and useful tip.  The photo is by Jon Tyson from Unsplash and I thought it was a great photo of graffiti/wall art.  Thanks for takin a peek.

Oh ... forgot to say thank you, Cassel, for the lovely music papers one of which I used for this page!

I love it, Annie. You did a great job putting it all together. (I work on a laptop and mouse so don't feel alone.)

Did I miss those picture tubes? I searched "music" in the store, but nothing came up. Do you know the actual file name? Thanks.

~ Michele

Annie, that Locked Transparency option is something very powerful, yet most PSP users don't even know it exists or how it can be used. I see you found another tool for colorizing. Another tool in our toolbox!

Sharon, you might want to add those details (names and date) on the layout. Who knows who will want to look at it later, and wonder who is in the photos. As for the slats, you are right: it can turn an ordinary photo into a spectacular project, but I would say that your starting image was far from "ordinary".

Mireille, another way to use existing tools to create something different. Such a versatile program!

Shirley, I love the birds overlay!

Sharon, it is nice to have old family photos to create nice pages and memories like this one!

Annie, very nice layout! I love your choice of photos for the layouts, and colorizing the notes made a big difference.

Great work, ladies!

This is the layout I made to practice the tutorials from the Lab9-Module 05 (Arrow Shape - Colored Bricks - Word Stickers).

The template is a freebie from Scrapping with Liz (May 2019 monthly blog challenge template). Papers are freebies from DeDe Smith (Magical Fairy Tales). I added confetti, which I made following Lab7-Module 09 tutorial.

The bow was done with Cassel's Bow2 Script. It is great to see how the script works... all these little pieces moving around and then turning out to this beautiful bow.

TFL

Annie, I love your musical creation! You did some amazing work with the tubes. I had missed them so I downloaded them after I saw your post. I fear I'll have to practice more with them. I don't draw too well with a mouse. I applaud you on drawing them so nicely.

Cristina, your Cuddling Cousins are adorable! Those lab tutorials really challenge you don't they? I'm still trying to get through them. Excellent work on your page!

I finally got around to creating a Crocheted Lace Edge from the intermediate tutorials. I spent way too much time on it but I learned something new. I made a frame out of the results. I added 2 elements from Pixelscrapper's and they really brought it together.

Thanks, Carole. I totally missed the music tubes. I searched in the store instead of the blog. One day I'm going to have to really look through the blog for what else I've missed. I was playing around with the staff tube. It's going to take a lot of practice for me to make it look like a musical staff, but I had fun playing with it to make designs. :)

Cristina, that's a lovely page. Those cousins will treasure it when they grow up. I also love watching the bow scripts run; they're mesmerizing.

~ Michele

Sharon, Annie, and Michele, great work with the crochet lace edge and the staff tube. I have to try these someday! There are so many techniques I want to try and not enough time. :)

Sharon and Michele, thank you so much for your kind words... They are very much appreciated! <3

I read the latest post on the blog.  10 minute scrap. Group it.  I had already  chosen the photos for my next project, and decided to follow Carole's  instructions.  It took me  7 minutes.  Mind you I didn't make the  background papers, or the clip art.