July Tut/Tech Challenge - Interlacing

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Tut-Tech-Challenge.jpg

The Campus is the perfect place to learn more about photo editing, various techniques, or PSP in general.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to practice some of those techniques or use some tools.

This month's Tut/Tech Challenge is the Interlacing effect from PSP. Using layers in PSP is essential, and when you want to do some interlacing, you have to go beyond the layers themselves. Many tutorials show how to use the eraser brush and although it can work, it can have serious drawbacks.

HERE is a tutorial to help you out.

No need to create a whole layout or project. Just show us some interlacing elements for now, and you can go use them later in a project if you want.

I recently got these beautiful butterflies (freebies from DesignBundles) and I couldn't wait to use them. I think I did the interlacing properly. I kept moving the layers so I ended up with the promoted layer far away from the layer it came from. I don't know why I always make it harder for myself. LOL Font is Aphrodite Slim Titling and I used a brush from GVL (free on DeviantArt). I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

~ Michele

That is a great example of interlacing, Michelle, and if you end up with the promoted selection layer way above the rest, it is normal because it had to move above all those other butterflies layers. That is how you would do also with loops of ribbons, to make a flower/bow; the last one has to interlace with the first one to make it look better, and just like your butterflies, you would have a promoted selection above all the other ones.

Thanks very much for the applause, ladies. I'm glad you gave us this challenge, Cassel. I'm pretty sure I've watched this tutorial before as it was bookmarked. It must have been a long time ago because I didn't remember a thing. LOL I'm planning on putting those lovely butterflies in a tube (I think there were 50, in all), but every time I make a tube, PSP freezes up for a long time. I know I'm going to have to reset PSP one of these days, but I just don't want to ::she said, stomping her feet like a toddler::

~ Michele

This is my contribution to this challenge. In fact, I started this layout in February with photos etc but never finished it... So I decided to use it and add a tag with interlacing effects... But whatever I was doing, and did I try, was not pleasing me... It never took me so long just to add a tag with interlacing effect. LOL

I used "loulou DCS papier 2 template avril 2016" and "loulou DCS template avril 2016" from the Campus 2018 FEB Love Story Challenge.

Cassel's tutorials: Straight Pin and Pinned Paper Effect. I also used Cassel's Date Stamp script and Golden Chain Tube.

Dawn and hubby :)  thank you both so much for your kind words. I will repeat myself, but I really appreciate! Best wishes!

Michele, also thank you so much for commenting on my layout. :) I like this template and the papers that came along very much... in fact, the Love Story Challenge had great ideas for layouts.

I know we are now into August but I did this last week after being away and then couldn't find where to post it until now so its a bit late but here it is nonetheless. TFL.

I made an interlaced border and <span style="color: #333333; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400;">a photo of some Armour from somewhere we visited last year. Love using this technique as it is so useful. I also made the frame around the photo using another of cassels techniques of feathering and brightness and contrast to give hihlights and the illusion of it being bevelled.</span>

<span style="color: #333333; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400;">Sheila x </span>

Thank you Michelle and Christina. I used a plugin from Filters unlimited to make the curl from Sandflowers Special Page Curl Romantic which was set to transparent. Love plugins and have quite a lot of them. The whole thing sort of evolved as I was doing it, nothing really planned so overall, I was pleased with the end result.

Sheila x