April Photo Challenge

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Photo-Challenge.jpg

The Campus is the perfect place to learn more about photo editing, various techniques, or PSP in general.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to practice some of those techniques or use some tools.

This month's Photo Challenge offers you a single photo that you can use creatively. Will you change the colors? add an overlay? extra elements? combine it into collage? It is up to you to be creative and use whatever technique you want. Just make sure you tell us what you did so we can learn from each other's projects.

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/photo-1488650989610-0d7e27dc293c.jpg

To grab this photo in full size, follow this link.

I made a scrapkit from the colors of the picture and made a layout using the kit

I used lot of Scripts made by Cassel like , Quick tiles, custom kit buttons, folded flowers, ricrac script, knot 10, paperbutterflies, and a few more

everyone who want the kit for playing with

here is the Download link

This is what I made for this challenge.

1_ I added frost and snow on the ground and roof following a YouTube tutorial from IrishActs  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwpWMNkJA6w

It is very easy... Color Changer Tool (Tolerance=2 Edge Softness=20) Material Palette Foreground=White... Flood fill over the parts of the image you want.

2_ I wanted to darken the sky but didn't know how to do it. So, first I selected the sky, promoted it to a new layer and then tried different tools... I finally got something I liked... Adjust > Brightness and Contrast > Highlight-Midtone-Shadow... Here I had to play with the numbers.

3_ Finally I added snow... This technique I learned from Cassel's Winter Wonderland Masterclass. Great class.

Thanks to Cassel and the challenges I learn a lot.

Thanks, Cassel :) I didn't know this Master Class and from what I read is another wonderful class.

You have tons of great classes and if one wants to learn PSP, here is the perfect place. I will, whenever possible, become a Diamond Member, right now I am tempted to get the Time Masterclass Bundle. :)

I didn't take as if you were teasing me with the membership but trying to help me and advising which class have all the information about this theme. :)

The Diamond membership is something that is in my mind since I joined the Campus, but I have to wait a bit... Meanwhile, I am very happy to be a Lab member... I am always curious to know which will be the new tutorials

Here is my page for this challenge. When I saw the photo I thought the old shed looked a bit isolated and the perfect place for "strange" things to happen. I found a photo of Moondyne Joe which I thought could be made to look like a ghost, so I extracted it, added it to the photo as a new layer using the screen layer style, and then changed the photo using the Aged Newspaper effect which I tweaked by adjusting the saturation. The newspaper background was from a DSP kit Charming Victorian Garden. The newspaper itself and the story are, of course, completely made up - fake news if you will!

Marlene's page reminded me of a Corel's X5 tutorial for Halloween from 2012... It is called the Haunted House Collage and here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-d5j1JtabY

So I decided to watch it again and try with this photo. All the techniques I used were taken from the tutorial. Only for the tombstone, I used the Platinum Effect (Time Machine)

Techniques: Time Machine Effect - Use of Picture Tubes - Change the Brightness and Saturation of an image - Adjustment of the transparency - Airbrush (myst).

All additional photos are from the internet