March Theme Challenge - BIRDS

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Theme-Birds.jpg

Since this month, we have a Bird theme for the blog, what will you show us? It might not be as common as dogs or cats projects, but you can surely have budgies, exotic birds, farm birds, wild birds (if you are a hunter) or even some birds captured by bird watchers (I know a few among you). What bird will you showcase?

Here you can get some bird cage presets if you want to put your bird in a cage!.

Dawn that is a lovely page, I also love the song of the butcher bird, it is so clear and musical.

This month's theme has really challenged me - which of the very many bird photos I have should I use for a page!! In the end I decided to tell a little story of something that happened quite a number of years ago. I found a photo online of the trousers convicts used to wear here in Australia and used that to make a background paper, than used the Text Cutter feature to cut out the word "GAOL". In the same way I used a stock photo of the corellas to cut out the word "BIRDS". I also selected the arrow from the material and used it to make both a directional tube (using Cassel's script) and a brush - I ended up using the brush. I used a freebie mask for the photo of the corella.

If I have time I will do another page or two.

• 2 weeks later...

These birds are amazing. They dropped by one day and we fed them. The next day they returned with 2 more. We have learned they form very close family groups; they share among that group. They are very patient and will sit and wait hours until we come out to feed them. They are cautious but not very frightened of humans. They have a very keen sight...that is how they find their food...not smell as you might think. Their courtship ritual is performed in flight. Seeing them up close, I realize they are really pretty and not at all what you think when you think of vultures. The spread wings are a way of warming themselves. I think the wings are especially pretty.

I forgot to say I used Carole's photo mask script.

Bonnie how lovely for you. Great page. I love to see birds free to go where ever they want to and they give us so much pleasure with their company that we don't mind the expense of feeding them. You will get to know them well and their little personalities will show through. We get white Doves and Jackdaws in abundance too. Their table manners can be a little fractious though.

Sheila x