Love Story Challenge

Cassel

Day 7,  disappointed that it's the last day, I've enjoyed  viewing what everyone has  submitted, such great work by all. Thank you Cassel for all the time and effort you have put into  this challenge.  My handsome son Tim and beautiful daughter-in-law Emma.  I don't see nearly enough of them as they live at home in Wales.  Thank goodness for technology, we skype  regularly. The photo isn't a very good one, it was rather small and grainy, as I got it off Facebook.  Taken at one of their friend's wedding.

Here is my Day 7.  I used the Refreshment Stand font and it needed a lot of fixing.  The wire holding my photos looks kind of kinky.  I did it freehand and I am not good at that at all.

Carole I have really enjoyed this challenge and sure hate to see it come to an end.  Thank you so much for your time and effort.  It is much appreciated.

here is my Day 4.........  the photo was not that good as it is an old one but I did my best to fix it and the masked helped. we had our adopted cats with us for a few more years after Lassie.   we never replaced them all as we felt they couldn't be. Don and I still  reflect on the joyful times that we had with our dear little friends.

Dawn.

Day 7

Todays is based on my husbands cousin, who he 'found' on Facebook a few years ago, when she came out to meet us in 2015.

She loved meeting the family and she loved our country so much that she is coming back in November this year.  It will be great to see her again.

My 'polka dots'  reflected the Canadian connection.

I'm sad this is the last challenge as I have really enjoyed doing these.  Learnt new ways to do masks so after PSP'ing and even having written many tutorials for teaching PSP and digital scrapbooking myself,  I had never used/made masks this way.   Plus it has been a long time since I've had time to partake in anything like this,  so a big Thank You to Carole for putting it up.  Hopefully I can join in more of them.

I have loved seeing everyones work..... some great work ladies.

The font I used for my wire text was Sandscript BTN

Day 5 .... a little more of my Mum's life journey........ Mum was only 48 yrs old when Dad passed away, so when Jack came along it was nice to see her smile again. Jack was a bit older than Mum and they had 10 happy years together before he passed away. As a Step Dad his care and kindness will never be forgotten. and I was always grateful for the love and care he gave to my Mum.

I have not done a page for Day 7 yet but I did manage polka dot papers and metallic wire text. I did not have a gold pattern so I used a pattern from Corel that was close to a gold color. My text doesn't look as good as it could. I have metal brass and metallic gold in my gradients...could I copy them to textures to use?

Carol, I echo Wanda's sentiment. I have really enjoyed this challenge and have learned a great deal. Thank you so much for all you do for all of us wishing to learn PSP. This challenge is a wonderful example of your generosity.

I know I'm way behind, but here is Day 3. I used the lamp in the background of the original pic as my kaleidoscope background. It was a bit bold, but I think using the yellow for the two small frames and the text balanced it out. Maybe, maybe not as Cassel would say. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

~ Michele

Carole, will these links stay permanent or do they expire?

Managed to complete day 2 of the challenge last night but didn't upload. I spent a lot of time going back to day 1's tutorial!  I think I'll redo them both (days 1 & 2) for practice. I also want to redo my plaid paper!!

@cassel, for some reason I couldn't resize using my pick tool.  I did for day one so I was disappointed when I couldn't. I could move it and distort, but not resize.

I am really enjoying these lessons and challenges.  Thanks

@micfin, the links will stay permanently except for the one kit that I was hosted. That was a special permission from the site owner and only for the duration of the challenge. As for the bold color, it is a matter of taste. If you find it too bold, you can always reduce the opacity and add a solid color layer underneath.

@ Terri, Is it possible that the image is very large, and you just don't see the corner handles to resize? If that is the case you can either resize with the Image > Resize function and make sure you resize only that one layer, and then you would finalize with the Pick tool for finetuning, or you can first move your image in one corner of the project so you can see the corner handles. Another way would be to zoom out so your image shows very small on your workspace, and then, pull the edges of the image. It will add some grey around it, and you might be able to see those handles outside of the actual image. Then you can grab them there.

@ Bonnie, your Bokeh effect is great. Maybe you could enlarge the photo and reduce its opacity so it won't show the "blurriness" that comes with enlarging. I think that is what makes the photo not stand out as is; its size. For your cat photo, it is a great montage as I would never have guessed that it was not a single photo!

@ everyone, your participating is very inspiring, and thank you for your kind words on this challenge. And yes, I plan on having more such challenges in the future. :)