What are you working on (in January)?

Cassel

Here is another card I have made to send in an email. The rose is a digital stamp from a collection I purchased but is no longer available. I printed it out coloured it up with prisma coloured pencils and then scanned it back into the computer. used a leaf brush for some soft effects and also the rose to add some extra  roses and softly blended them into the background.  The texture paper I used in the paper is a free one from the  coffee shop blog called artesenal textures 2.  the filigrane heart created using Cassel's Filigrane script. the sentiment I made up and the font is Prida02Calt.

best wishes to everyone,

Dawn

Cristina, Thank you for your  comments on my card..... about the corner punch, this particular corner punch is in another software that I have called craft artist 2.  I wanted to use it on this card so I made a plain coloured paper in that program to use the corner punch and then saved it as a jpg and  then opened it in psp where I did everything else. I do a lot of colouring on cards as well in my hobbies these days as I enjoy it and the finished cards I give to family and friends.

Sheila, Thank you also for  leaving me a comment. ... parchment craftwork is beautiful I have never done that.. but I also have polychromas in my collection of pencils, they are great to use.

Dawn.

The flower on this card was created using Cassel's Petal Tube. on the open flower I chose a petal tube with no shadow and  did one petal, duplicated , positioned and rotated around to get one layer. then duplicated that layer twice,  resized, positioned so the petals looked ok to form a flower.... the 2 smaller flowers I still used the one petal and played with the perspective tools to get the effect you see... once the flower was done I changed the colour.... the green sepals on the bud were done with the petal shape also and with the perspective tool to shape .... the stamens were create a while back from and old line art drawing I have.... the green leaves are a free brush that I coloured and textured up.... there is room for improvement in my flower but I thought I would show it anyway because it might give someone else an idea of what can be achieved using Cassel's petal tube. ....... I also used Cassel's Waving script  and Circle Doodle script (to create the spirograph) to make the light coloured paper..... the thin ribbon created using Cassel's bow 3 script.

Dawn.

Now I know this is not "scrapbooky" at all, but it fit my gaming group's theme today. I'm sharing it because I never would have been able to create it without the techniques I've learned here. I used one technique from Cassel's Christmas 3 Tutorial to make triangular selections of equal size using different glitter patterns. I added an inner bevel on each triangle using opposing angles. Flood filled the transparent background with a metallic gold pattern and buttonized the pic. I used the glitter patterns to add borders around the pic of the woman and copied/pasted her on as a new layer. After adding a large black border I wrote the text with the Beauty Script font using the the same metallic gold pattern for my fill and applied an inner bevel to the text. Finally, on a new layer I used one of Cassel's corner punches as a brush to create the corner flourish with a metallic silver pattern. Applied an inner bevel to that, then duplicated and mirrored it into each of the other corners. Then I ran out of time so I declared it finished. LOL

hello micfin, your gold and silver  glamour page looks great ! ..... well done!

Michele, thank you for your comment on my  cards... I appreciate it very much..... in answer to your question all the projects I do are for personal use. I enjoy doing cards whether they are printed or sent as a greeting via email or done the traditional way by hand.  it is a hobby I enjoy doing and especially giving  them away as gifts.  ...... best wishes to you,

Dawn.

Who watched Cassel's live presentation Framing 101? I've already watched it again and I can assure you that I will watch the edited version when it's posted. I can't begin to tell you how much I learned. Here's what I made with the second project in the class. I usually copy Cass's steps as closely as I can (lots of pausing and rewinding involved), but I didn't have any sequin picture tubes. Since the frame was green, I used shamrocks instead. I couldn't quite get a very uniform look, but I guess it's a matter of playing with it and figuring out which settings work for which tubes. This was the first time I made my own shape for a frame. Ever the OCD gal, I tried to get it perfectly symmetrical...maybe next time. LOL

hello Michele, your frame is lovely!  well done!  and I guess you will be making more..... I look forward to viewing the Framing 101 master class when Cassel makes it available.... frames are always handy to have in our collection especially when we have made them ourselves.

Dawn.

Thanks, everyone. I am definitely making more of my own frames as opposed to transparencies I have gotten from various sources. (I just love freebies.) I can't wait to see what you ladies come up with after viewing the master class. I get so many ideas from you.

Here are some of  the frames I've been working on this winter, using photos  taken throughout the summer.  The first one is a blank birthday frame, using Cassel's techniques  she used in her  framing class.  I add them to  cards, letters, post  them on FB to add a touch of elegance to some of my pics.  To make them  more interesting to those  looking at them.   As I'm not a proper scrapbooker.