September 2024 - P52 Challenge

Cassel

It is going to look a bit like autumn with the Hydrangeas slowly getting browner. In one to two weeks time all its flowers will be brown and stay so over winter. Most of the leaves are still green. When I was taking a short stroll I noticed this autumn beauty. My own plants are getting brown too, but I haven't taken a photo yet.

WEEK-39-600.jpg

• Love 6

4 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

It is going to look a bit like autumn with the Hydrangeas slowly getting browner. In one to two weeks time all its flowers will be brown and stay so over winter. Most of the leaves are still green. When I was taking a short stroll I noticed this autumn beauty. My own plants are getting brown too, but I haven't taken a photo yet.

WEEK-39-600.jpg

You know even as flowers fade and decline as summer draws to a close, and enters Autumn,  their organic pigment diminishes. Yet, even those  diminishing pigments have a beauty all of their own, when you  look closely, just like the flower in the image. A laudable  shot Corrie!

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

It looks like this little bird is enjoying its bath! Great photo, even in this reduced version I can see the fluffy feathers so well.  

It was enjoying itself sitting in the  water.  Having the bird bath to itself. It was quite happy to sit there, posing for many  shots. Which gave me immense  pleasure, for a short while.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

WEEK-39-600.jpg

I can feel the warm sun in this photo.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

I believe, I have posted 12 non wildlife pages in this challenge alone.  Only the other week,  week 35 was a photo of an old local red barn.  I had to check myslef, as I created the pages, and yet doubted my memory of  what I had and hadn't posted.  Lol !!!

I told you I have a bad memory.  🤣

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

You know even as flowers fade and decline as summer draws to a close, and enters Autumn,  their organic pigment diminishes. Yet, even those  diminishing pigments have a beauty all of their own, when you  look closely, just like the flower in the image. A laudable  shot Corrie!

Thank you, sometimes it is being in the right place at the right time! Those shots mostly happen if I'm not going for a walk with the intention to find something to take a photo of. I'm very excited because I have ordered a new iPhone (16 pro) that has the ability to take macro as well. It will take at least another month before I have it completely installed to my liking and have learned the new camera features. I will not go back to having a separate camera because I don't have that always with me; I live in a very build up area and have no direct acces to wild life spots, nor do we have a big garden where I can sit still to watch what is going on around me. However it is what it is and I can enjoy all the lovely photos you post!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Thank you, sometimes it is being in the right place at the right time! Those shots mostly happen if I'm not going for a walk with the intention to find something to take a photo of. I'm very excited because I have ordered a new iPhone (16 pro) that has the ability to take macro as well. It will take at least another month before I have it completely installed to my liking and have learned the new camera features. I will not go back to having a separate camera because I don't have that always with me; I live in a very build up area and have no direct acces to wild life spots, nor do we have a big garden where I can sit still to watch what is going on around me. However it is what it is and I can enjoy all the lovely photos you post!

We make the best with what we have.  I too have a very cheap set up for my studio and I make the best of it.  Some shots I'd like to do i cant because I dont have enough power (in the constant lights).  One day maybe...

• Like 5

Oops... thought I’d posted this but hadn’t.

Week 39 I wanted to photograph a rather majestic tree but this bull settled himself in my shot and wouldn’t move so I photographed him instead.

week 39 small.jpg

• Love 1