Paintshop Pro 2024

Bill Seiler

As far as I know, there is no 2024. 

I also remember the beta team suggesting NOT to integrate AI too much for a few reasons, namely that not everyone wants it, but also it would bloat the program while other tools are available and could be used in conjunction with PSP.

Otherwise, I have no more information.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Not that interested at that price.

I'm sure it will come on sale.  I'm not really into making AI art at this time.

10 hours ago, Cassel said:

As far as I know, there is no 2024. 

I also remember the beta team suggesting NOT to integrate AI too much for a few reasons, namely that not everyone wants it, but also it would bloat the program while other tools are available and could be used in conjunction with PSP.

Otherwise, I have no more information.

that's good advice.  I hope they don't have too much AI, other than AI used for mundane tasks like selections or other tool related tasks to speed you up.  Describing something to an AI and then claiming credit seems so odd to me, it's like describing something to a painter, having them paint it, then claiming credit for it.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1

I don't think PSP should support AI, other than something basic. Even then it slows the program down. I for one don't use AI. I don't  have any inclination to use it either. Depending on the AI the program it creates using key words. Making the image not your own, unreal and in many cases far to futuristically  unnatural.  I will continue to create as natural as possible. By observing the wonders of mother nature.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard a lot of controversy with Photoshop, as they changed their Terms of Service, to use users' projects to train their AI. I don't know the ins and outs of PSP development, but MAYBE they are waiting for that issue to settle down before releasing anything new? I don't know. I just guess.

• Like 1