12 Days of Christmas Challenge

Cassel

I've registered for this challenge but I don't think I will be able to participate... being away and the holidays make it difficult to sit down and create something. Nevertheless, I am happy that I have these nice templates created by Cassel, and I am being inspired by these amazing cards posted here. Congratulations everyone!

Day 9 ~ I made the baubles following Cassel's tutorial. I added an image to the background before creating them, but I had a tough time centering it on the ball. I'll have to practice some more and figure out what I'm doing wrong. The backgrounds are by Annette Francine Art, but I don't remember where I got them or the glove and hat clip art. I've been collecting freebies for a few years now and I didn't categorize them by resource.

Hello everyone.  I have just today registered for this challenge.  I have always wanted to learn up to make cards and this looked like a good opportunity to learn.

What is the proper sizing of cards when you are finished.  First to email them to people and second to post them offering them to others to use.

Here is what I did for the first day challenge.  I used a background image from https://www.butterflywebgraphics.com/ and the papers were made by me.

If I did not do this right can someone please let me know.

Thanks for the feedback.  I am attaching a new preview of my results.

12-Days-01

If you want to print the cards to send them by mail, they are already sized to fit your printer as they should print on a standard 8.5x11 cardstock.

If you want to send the cards by email, then you don't need the "back" portion of the cards, and definitely don't need the envelope (although the main part of the envelope can also be used to make a card with fewer details). Then, you can size the cards down a bit so that the recipient can see it on their monitor and then, that will depend on the size of their monitor too if you know it. But if you send them and insert them into an email, you can see what size is suitable. Each card will be slightly different in shape throughout the challenge.

For posting in the forum, you can resize them to 600 pixels max, or make a presentation with them by combining the card and envelope. It is up to you.

Catching up. Here's my No 9. I used another image from Pixabay for the background and made some Baubles using the technique as demonstrated by Cassel in her seminar last week. Wordart from Coral and I used Filter forge plugin on it. I added a contrast backgroud to show card and envelope up. TFL.

Sheila x

Day 11 ~ It ended up louder than I was planning, but that's what I gave birth to today. LOL  Cass' Bow script is awesome! I don't remember where I got the patterns. I cut out just a small square of a bigger pattern for the decorations on the left and right.

Well, here it is, Day 12.  I have to say I have thouroughly enjoyed it.  Thank you Carole for such a wonderful challenge and I look forward to it next year.  I hope you do it next year!  The templates have been awesome!  I made this card using Snickerdoodle Designs By Karen's newest kit Christmas Memories which is appropriate for this card.  I also used Cassel's Photo Edge Script on the picture. I used a picture from a few years ago of my grandson Danny and I.  He is almost 11 now and is not the photo friendly boy he use to be.  He is my only grandchild and here it is just my 2 daughters, Danny and I.  My brother and sister live out of state and all grandparents have passed on.  We have a small Christmas, but it is wonderful and we all look forward to it each year.  I am sad that Danny is growing up and doesn't do all the cute things he use to do.  My yearly books use to cost me over $100 to have printed up.  That's "use to be".  This has been the slimest year so far and I don't see the upcoming years getting any busier.  I miss scrapping pages for my yearly books.  I hope you enjoy my Card 12, I loved making it.  I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New year.

Big Hugs, DeLoris

As its the last one and I have things to do, I have kept this as simple for me as I could. I used Cassels script to make some glitter backgrounds and used an image from corel which was part of their free downloads for the month of December. I made a metal worked stud using using a filter forge plugin Oriental ball by Imijimi, super plugin, love it. TFL

Sheila x

Hello Everyone..... just wanted to say to you all, that all of your card projects are really lovely..... I was intending to participate in this challenge however health issues that caused hospital assistance  prevented me doing so...... Cassel Thank you for these card templates I am sure I will make great use of them during 2018.... once again to all who posted their great cards... well done!

Dawn.

Really lovely and inspiring cards posted here! Congratulations everyone.

Lois, I am sure everyone would love to see more of your cards. I also post even after the challenge is over. Like Cassel said, we get inspired by all different ideas.

Dawn, I am sorry to hear you had health issues and hope everything is fine now. Glad to see you back here! :)

Day 12 ~ Patterns are from Marisa Levin at PixelScrapper. I used various clip art elements I had. Text is a brand new freebie called Tuesday Night that I got from Pixel Surplus, but Deal Jumbo has it, too. I've really learned a lot during this challenge. Great idea, Carole.