August SKETCH Challenge (2024)

Cassel

Sketch190-2024-06

Learning scrapbooking is often done with practice, looking around for inspiration, and trying to recreate projects we admire. Sometimes, we can be inspired by finished projects, but sometimes, we also have to use our imagination to interpret something.

This challenge will allow you to envision something from a “boring” base, and you will have to imagine the end result differently. The sketch is only a written idea, and you can fly with it, modify it, and customize it to fit your vision, your photos, and your supplies.

Sketch13

And if you want more information on using sketches, check out this article.

Post your project in the gallery.

• Love 1

My take on the sketch. I didn't do an exact replica of that sketch but kept enough of it to make it recognizable. I used the mask from the mask workshop 2-extra  because it is square in a way. The background is made with 2 papers and a blendmode/opacity until I got something I liked + some ink splatters. Edge punch from Carole. Font is Christmas Mother and arial for the text. Made a little cluster with different shadows as in the shadow workshop and the elements come from my stash with the flower from Marisa Lerin and the ribbon is made with the curly ribbon script by Carole, Oh and I took the colors from my photo.

Sketch-aug.2024-600.jpg

• Love 6

Anja and Corrie, these are really beautiful layouts.  Corrie, I can see the difference in the shadows on your cluster, good work!  And I love that edge punch. 

Anja, I really like the look of your layout and how each section is well defined with the shadows and the spaces between the sections (papers). You have lots of touches that really make it a WOW layout.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

large.2024830OleCountryStore20248Sketchchallenge600.jpg.426ab869bfb2646342a4351bf405a285.jpg

Girls' Day Out...after playing 4 hours of pickleball we headed to Culpepper, VA to the Ole Country Store. We enjoyed incredible sandwiches and wonderful ice cream. Visits to the Ole Country Store usually include a stroll by the lake but as you can see, it was a rainy day. Looks kind of stormy doesn't it? The flowers on the big photo are in place of the squares. Wonderful funfilled day with the greatest friends.

• Love 7