Lab 14 - Mod 7 Enamel

Marie-Claire

• 1 month later...

Lab 14 - Knotted rope = utter failure! I ended up downloading a knot from Canva, traced the parts with the pen tool and ran the vector tube. Element 1 is the result, element 2 is the download and element 3 is my pathetic attempt. I used Carole's rope tubes,

dsknots.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

Lab 14 - Knotted rope = utter failure! I ended up downloading a knot from Canva, traced the parts with the pen tool and ran the vector tube. Element 1 is the result, element 2 is the download and element 3 is my pathetic attempt. I used Carole's rope tubes,

dsknots.jpg

Donna if it is of some consolation to you. my first attempt wasn't looking anything better! Drawing by hand is not for me and your solution to use a nice knot and trace the parts with the pen tool is a good idea. Something to follow because it really looks nice

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Donna Sillia said:

That is a great solution. I find that more than the drawing, the difficulty is the "visualization" of the path. Without the visualization, it is even harder to draw it. I had the same problem. I had to do it and redo it several times, so don't despair!

Once you have a path, you have to adjust it to the thickness of the rope itself, but you can always keep that path. In fact, maybe even save it as a preset shape! So you won't have to redo anything from scratch!

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

That is a great solution. I find that more than the drawing, the difficulty is the "visualization" of the path. Without the visualization, it is even harder to draw it. I had the same problem. I had to do it and redo it several times, so don't despair!

Once you have a path, you have to adjust it to the thickness of the rope itself, but you can always keep that path. In fact, maybe even save it as a preset shape! So you won't have to redo anything from scratch!

And that is another great idea! I saved that path I finally got, but not as a preset shape! I'll do so tomorrow, now it is almost bedtime after 2 exhausting days. 🥱💤

• Like 1