Newsletter chitchat - June 11, 2024

Cassel

I would actually like to sit outside more but because of allergies, I don't very often.

I do have a nice patio with a 2 seat cushioned bench, 2 cushioned chairs and a table that came as a set. I just got the cushions out this week for the first time since 2022. I physically wasn't able to do it last year. There is very little shade on the patio so it can get quite hot on an very sunny day. However, Peyton loves to go on the patio (it is fenced in) and she'll lay on the furniture in the sun. I have a set up that when I go away in nice weather, I leave her outside. She can be on the patio or go in the garage if she wants.

I have a very small front porch but do have 2 chairs with a very small table between them. I used to have those plastic chairs on it but last summer I got 2 cushioned chairs at a garage sale when my cousins were selling my aunt's stuff (they moved her to an assisted living community). They are comfortable and look nice. There is a nice big bush in front of the porch so people can't really see me but I can see everything going on.  The porch is in the shade so I do like to sit out there in the early evenings and read for awhile. Peyton goes on a tie-out so she can lay in the grass if she wants but can't run away.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I had some time left over today and instead of just posting a photo with plants in containers on my small patio I made this layout. Not so long ago I had a bit of leftover money from a birthday gift and spend that on a kit by Jessica Dunn called Vintage flowers. Everything on this page comes from that kit, including the mask. The weather over here is still way to cold for the time of the year and way to wet as well, but today we had some sunny spells that allowed me to quickly take some photos. The corner in the photo has the most of the sun and is doing well despite all the bad weather, of course Hortensia's like water and they are getting plenty of it. Because everything is in containers/pots we normally have to water very regularly, but this year we didn't have to, at least until now. To the left in the photo is the spot were we have 3 garbage bins and those take a lot of our small space but we have fenced it of. There is a schedule when to put them outside along the kerb for emptying. To the right is the door to the parking spot and behind where I was standing for the photo is the wall of our shed with a door in the middle. The last side of the rectangle has the door to go inside and 2 large windows from the living that look out on the patio. It is nice to be able to sit outside, but after 7 years of living here I still sometimes miss the garden of our former house where we lived 43 years. We have a table and a couple of garden chairs and it nice to have an outdoor space where we can enjoy our morning coffee and if the sun is to hot we lower the sunscreen and have shade. 

Garden-600.jpg

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
Correcting a false date on the layout
  • Love 5

11 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I had some time left over today and instead of just posting a photo with plants in containers on my small patio I made this layout. Not so long ago I had a bit of leftover money from a birthday gift and spend that on a kit by Jessica Dunn called Vintage flowers. Everything on this page comes from that kit, including the mask. The weather over here is still way to cold for the time of the year and way to wet as well, but today we had some sunny spells that allowed me to quickly take some photos. The corner in the photo has the most of the sun and is doing well despite all the bad weather, of course Hortensia's like water and they are getting plenty of it. Because everything is in containers/pots we normally have to water very regularly, but this year we didn't have to, at least until now. To the left in the photo is the spot were we have 3 garbage bins and those take a lot of our small space but we have fenced it of. There is a schedule when to put them outside along the kerb for emptying. To the right is the door to the parking spot and behind where I was standing for the photo is the wall of our shed with a door in the middle. The last side of the rectangle has the door to go inside and 2 large windows from the living that look out on the patio. It is nice to be able to sit outside, but after 7 years of living here I still sometimes miss the garden of our former house where we lived 43 years. We have a table and a couple of garden chairs and it nice to have an outdoor space where we can enjoy our morning coffee and if the sun is to hot we lower the sunscreen and have shade. 

Garden-600.jpg

Corrie: that looks so nice and relaxing to contemplate. I do like plants in containers. A question: I see the upper left NOTE says Wednesday May 12. This week is Wednesday June 12. Did that come with the kit? I do love that background paper...

12 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Garden-600.jpg

This is such a beautiful layout that I had to download all the kits in the bundle! I would enjoy my morning coffee on your lovely patio.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Corrie: that looks so nice and relaxing to contemplate. I do like plants in containers. A question: I see the upper left NOTE says Wednesday May 12. This week is Wednesday June 12. Did that come with the kit? I do love that background paper...

Ann good catch! I should have written June! I took the photo indeed yesterday. However the word NOTE was on that paper and came with the kit. Time flies....... Underneath the background paper is a soft green paper so I could play a bit with the blend mode, in this case luminous and an opacity of 90%. Of course I also needed it for the punches.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Michele said:

This is such a beautiful layout that I had to download all the kits in the bundle! I would enjoy my morning coffee on your lovely patio.

We do too, weather permitting because we still doesn't get much sun and the temperatures are low. Last year we already had a heatwave in this periode of June. The kit is lovely and has many options for use in totally different lay outs.

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
  • Like 2

On 6/13/2024 at 9:58 PM, Corrie Kinkel said:

Ann good catch! I should have written June! I took the photo indeed yesterday. However the word NOTE was on that paper and came with the kit. Time flies....... Underneath the background paper is a soft green paper so I could play a bit with the blend mode, in this case luminous and an opacity of 90%. Of course I also needed it for the punches.

I corrected the original layout and it now reads June 12!

• Like 1

Hi,

we have a small garden and a terrace on the ground floor. When we moved in there in 1997, in our late forties, we thought about getting older. Ground floor and sitting in the fresh air. Since there is open sky to the southeast, it can get quite hot in the afternoons. We do have a glass canopy and awnings, but heat radiates from the white wall and the tiled floor. In any case, I love having breakfast on the terrace in the summer mornings, looking at our flowers and hearing the birds chirping. Our "Nordic Summer", a robotic lawnmower, is now humming along with the chirping birds. At the moment, however, we are having a rainy spring and early summer and it is unusually cool and windy for this time of year. But I am grateful not to have to experience another early, overly hot and humid summer; you don't like that anymore as you get older.

• Like 4