June Theme Challenge - FRUITS

Cassel

Theme-Fruits

The theme for June is FRUITS. Do you have some fruit-related layouts to share? Maybe some fresh fruit you just harvested with the kids? Some decorated fruits for a party? Or anything related to fruits?

Let's go!

Post your project in the gallery.

• Cassel pinned this topic

As soon as I read what the theme for this month is, I thought of a photo I took on my trip about a lemon tree. To me that is something that I never see at home, at least not as a big tree. Here it are little plants meant to go in a big container and they have to be brought indoors over the winter. In the older days when there were big estates it were plants for an orangery. The only set back for me is that now I have this earworm from the song Lemon Tree. It is a song from my youth by Peter, Paul and Mary; it is one of my favorites from that time and I will recognize it immediately if I hear the start of the music.

I used the kit Sunshine Lemons from Marissa Lerin for the papers, scatter and all the elements for the cluster I made. The mask is by Jessica Dunn and the music notes came from pngwing. Fonts are Bremlin for the title and Arial rounded for the lyrics. The corner punch is one of a series of punches that I have found once on a search for interesting elements, but I have no clue where I found it in the end. 

June-2024-Fruit-600.jpg

• Love 7

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

As soon as I read what the theme for this month is, I thought of a photo I took on my trip about a lemon tree. To me that is something that I never see at home, at least not as a big tree. Here it are little plants meant to go in a big container and they have to be brought indoors over the winter. In the older days when there were big estates it were plants for an orangery. The only set back for me is that now I have this earworm from the song Lemon Tree. It is a song from my youth by Peter, Paul and Mary; it is one of my favorites from that time and I will recognize it immediately if I hear the start of the music.

I used the kit Sunshine Lemons from Marissa Lerin for the papers, scatter and all the elements for the cluster I made. The mask is by Jessica Dunn and the music notes came from pngwing. Fonts are Bremlin for the title and Arial rounded for the lyrics. The corner punch is one of a series of punches that I have found once on a search for interesting elements, but I have no clue where I found it in the end. 

June-2024-Fruit-600.jpg

Beautiful page! Love the title!  When I was home in Dec and Jan 2024.  I bought the girls a cookery book from a charity shop. It was like new, it hadn't even been opened for one pound 50p.  Inside there was a recipe for  lemon blossom flower tartlets.  Of course their mam didn't have any flower cutter, so I ordered a set of 5 online for them.  As you can see , they turned out great and tasted  delicious.   Whilst  making them, the lemon tree song popped into my head out of the blue.   I found and played the video over and over while we were baking them.  The girls soon learnt the chorus by heart.  That song was reminscent of my  youth too!  The other squares are carbob slices.  In Wales not to far from where I  lived as a child there was an orangery on the Margam estate. It is still there, open to the public. Filled with many mature citrus trees.

Baking.jpg

Edited by Sue Thomas
  • Love 8

10 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

June-2024-Fruit-600.jpg

And I remember it being sung by Trini Lopez! I think it was covered by a bunch of artists.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

Beautiful page! Love the title!  When I was home in Dec and Jan 2024.  I bought the girls a cookery book from a charity shop. It was like new, it hadn't even been opened for one pound 50p.  Inside there was a recipe for  lemon blossom flower tartlets.  Of course their mam didn't have any flower cutter, so I ordered a set of 5 online for them.  As you can see , they turned out great and tasted  delicious.   Whilst  making them, the lemon tree song popped into my head out of the blue.   I found and played the video over and over while we were baking them.  The girls soon learnt the chorus by heart.  That song was reminscent of my  youth too!  The other squares are carbob slices.  In Wales not to far from where I  lived as a child there was an orangery on the Margam estate. It is still there, open to the public. Filled with many mature citrus trees.

Baking.jpg

Those tartlets look delicious and isn't fun to back with the grandchildren! Mine are teenagers now and the eldest (14) is becoming more and more interested in clothes and make-up. Nowadays when I'm visiting  and instead of bringing some presents, we are going shopping and they can choose something they really like. Of course I give them a budget. The youngest (12) likes to bake and we made banana bread together, where I was in charge of measuring all the ingredients. She said that was the quickest way for me to become more knowledgeable with the imperial system of cups and tablespoons etc. She is such a smart ass😉

• Love 1