Newsletter chitchat - March 12, 2024

Cassel

It always works for me,   not sure have to google when, sorry    I think its a good thing but sometimes takes me a day to adjust.     Dear Teacher will you resend the bootcamp to me I still cant find  to start bootcamp  I think I was signed up ty ty ty ty

We turned our clocks ahead an hour this past Saturday night/Sunday morning. I was grateful that all my devices changed automatically, and I only had a few to adjust manually. My own brain has not totally adjusted yet and neither have my creatures who depend on me for meals. I looked in my stash for something about Time and found this...

buddah time.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

We still follow Daylight Saving Time here in NY. I wish the world would just stop or, at least, do it on the same day. Now that I'm retired, it doesn't affect me, but I always hated it. I remember when my daughter was little, she couldn't understand why she had to go to bed when it was still light out. 🙃

image.jpeg

• Love 4

Good Morning all,

we have been against it since the daylight saving time change began. You can see where people are headed when they disregard God's orders (including natural laws) and want to change them for economic reasons. Nothing has changed in our well-being, but the “experts” believe that it has made little or no difference in terms of energy consumption. But if you have several animals, you will notice the change in their biorhythm.

But which politicians want to admit they were wrong and change it again? Here in Germany the change is on March 30th/31st.
This is where the clocks are changed in Germany:
https://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/info/atomic_clock.htm

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Michele said:

We still follow Daylight Saving Time here in NY. I wish the world would just stop or, at least, do it on the same day. Now that I'm retired, it doesn't affect me, but I always hated it. I remember when my daughter was little, she couldn't understand why she had to go to bed when it was still light out. 🙃

image.jpeg

Michele, This post just came in as an email attached to the topic: March Freebie thread.?? When I clicked on it, your post was not there, because, of course, it was HERE. 😜

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ann Seeber said:

Michele, This post just came in as an email attached to the topic: March Freebie thread.?? When I clicked on it, your post was not there, because, of course, it was HERE. 😜

Yeah, one of the dangers of having more than one tab open on the Campus.🙃

1 hour ago, Doska St. said:

Good Morning all,

we have been against it since the daylight saving time change began. You can see where people are headed when they disregard God's orders (including natural laws) and want to change them for economic reasons. Nothing has changed in our well-being, but the “experts” believe that it has made little or no difference in terms of energy consumption. But if you have several animals, you will notice the change in their biorhythm.

But which politicians want to admit they were wrong and change it again? Here in Germany the change is on March 30th/31st.
This is where the clocks are changed in Germany:
https://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/info/atomic_clock.htm

Just saying:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time#:~:text=DST was first implemented in the US with the Standard,again during World War II.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I was growing up, my father worked on, what at the time was the Erie Railroad. Now it is Amtrak, and he kept his pocket watch on Standard Time as that was the rule for his job. The trains had to run on time! He was Chief Night Dispatcher and most of the traffic he directed was freight. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Doska St. said:

Nothing has changed in our well-being, but the “experts” believe that it has made little or no difference in terms of energy consumption. But if you have several animals, you will notice the change in their biorhythm.

I suspect that in the beginning, when they first implemented, it might have made sense. MAYBE they did save on coal for heating and such. But humans then decided to use the other end of the day, and now we probably use as much energy on the "other end of the day"

When I was born, the time change in the spring was at the end of April. I was 7 days old when I experienced my first time change. My Mom used to say that I didn't understand time changing. So that is also affecting parents young children because the children don't adjust the same way.

• Like 5

Like Monique said here in the Netherlands as well as most parts of Europe we always change to daylight saving time on the last weekend of March. This year that is March 30 and 31, so the latest we can have and we change back in the last weekend of October, 26 and 27. Personally I don't feel much effect of either way, the trip to my daughter in California has way more effect because we have a time difference of 9 hours! On the outward flight I just have a very long day and on the way back I skip a night! IA couple of years ago there was much discussion in many European countries to stop the change, but it appeared impossible to agree on the topic what the new standard time should be.  Nowadays I don't hear much about this, Europe has more pressing problems!

• Like 2