March 2024 - P52 challenge

Cassel

It's Friday once again.  Good Friday for those that celebrate Easter. Just when I thought the snow was practically  all gone, Mother Nature had other ideas. It  lightly snowed throughtout the night, and it is still snowing.  My other girl Meg,  Nell is in the backgoround.  Week thirteen, and the last photo for the month of March. 

Week thirteen.jpg

• Love 6

Just as I was pondering what I could use for this week, the evening sky treated me to this colorful display which only lasted for 2 minutes before fading. I took a couple of photos from our upstairs room. The buildings on the other side of our small street are already very dark, but that is ok by me the sky is the highlight!

WEEK-13-600.jpg

• WOW 2
  • Love 6

53 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Just as I was pondering what I could use for this week, the evening sky treated me to this colorful display which only lasted for 2 minutes before fading. I took a couple of photos from our upstairs room. The buildings on the other side of our small street are already very dark, but that is ok by me the sky is the highlight!

WEEK-13-600.jpg

I always stand in awe at sunsets and sunrises You can never take to many photos of them. A stunning sky with a stunning silhouette foreground to compliment the  setting sun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sue Thomas said:

It's Friday once again.  Good Friday for those that celebrate Easter. Just when I thought the snow was practically  all gone, Mother Nature had other ideas. It  lightly snowed throughtout the night, and it is still snowing.  My other girl Meg,  Nell is in the backgoround.  Week thirteen, and the last photo for the month of March. 

Week thirteen.jpg

Don't you just want to go and wrap your arms around her neck.  I did that when I worked with horses.  they were so tolerant and in the winter so warm to hug.  She a beautiful snow-kissed girl.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Finishing up March with Week Thirteen - photo by William Panuska of The Hudson Valley in Pictures gallery. This is called "early sail downriver." The copper hues really grabbed me.

P52-WEEK THIRTEEN-EARLY SAIL DOWNRIVER_600.jpg

I agree, this coppery color is amazing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Don't you just want to go and wrap your arms around her neck.  I did that when I worked with horses.  they were so tolerant and in the winter so warm to hug.  She a beautiful snow-kissed girl.

I sit with then in the stable and outside, when they are sitting down, there isn't a day that goes by when I  bury my face in their coats and wrap my arms around them. They are probably the most handled horses  in Canada. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 3/30/2024 at 6:27 AM, Sue Thomas said:

I sit with then in the stable and outside, when they are sitting down, there isn't a day that goes by when I  bury my face in their coats and wrap my arms around them. They are probably the most handled horses  in Canada. 

that gave me goose bumps.  Hubby and I used to go sit in the one of the fields at lunch (on a T.B. breeding farm, LOTS of mares and 6 T.B and 1 Standardbred stallion).  They always came  up to us and then they'd stay close and munch away on the grasses.  Good memories for me.

• Love 2

• Cassel unpinned this topic

P52 Week 13

Fun with blend modes!  I used: Vintage Paper Textures - Apothecary -86766159 (Creative Fabrica...I think) and chose 3 papers with a blend mode on two of them.  I am enclosing the results as that show the blend mode.  All at 100% opacity.  I made the 12x12 after the 600x900.  For the 600x900 version I pasted the papers in and then squished them down, since I welcomed any distortion in this case.  I have shown the two 600x900 and the 3600x3600 side by side so you can see how the distortion affects the smaller image. 

The font is Arissa Typeface (CF again).  I took all the strokes/outlines from the vectors and turned them gray, rasterized and then gaussian blur.  the fill in each of the Vectors done in black, rasterized then used a mask  (Layers>new mask layer) on the rasterized version of both text layers and the frame layer, to add grungy scratches in the black.  (side note: I channeled Sue T, remembering she once wrote that she likes to use a mask instead of the eraser tool - I FINALLY figured out how to do it!).  Therefore, I need the make sure the outlines were on a separate layer (grouped actually) so they wouldn't be effected and I needed to have some definition to the frame and text.  

Are we 1/4 of the way through?  Time is going too fast.  

P52 Wk13 - Jack Diamonds-600.jpg

P52 Wk 13 background Blend Modes.JPG

• Love 3

One more thing...I just learned I could Group all my Vectors ...I saw it in a tutorial on the Campus and tried it.  Makes life so much easier.  I used a number groups, sometimes for short period while I did something to the whole group, then ungrouped.  I linked a lot and also color coded.  Just what we have talked about in prev post (another forum post though, I think).  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

One more thing...I just learned I could Group all my Vectors ...I saw it in a tutorial on the Campus and tried it.  Makes life so much easier.  I used a number groups, sometimes for short period while I did something to the whole group, then ungrouped.  I linked a lot and also color coded.  Just what we have talked about in prev post (another forum post though, I think).  

You did a great job with this card and put a lot of effort in! I already used to link my layers and now I group/ungroup as well. I often rename my layers but I think color coding isn't my thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

You did a great job with this card and put a lot of effort in! I already used to link my layers and now I group/ungroup as well. I often rename my layers but I think color coding isn't my thing.

Thank you so much Corrie.  I really enjoyed this one.  I'm going to play more with the papers in that kit.  I also thought I could have added a brick wall texture.  So many possibilities.  This P52 challenge is better than I expected.  Because it's on a small canvas with less elements, I can try more things in a shorter time.  

• Like 1