Gremlins in the house!

Julie Magerka

Lately, I've had so many small problems pop up when trying to "react" to a post, or in creating a post. I just tried to reply to Rene in my question about printer paper. I've typed it twice and clicked submit, and it disappears. It did the same recently when I tried to reply to someone else. It seems hit and miss. I so often have to refresh the page or logout and then log in again in order to do any commenting or reacting. Is it just me?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Julie Magerka said:

Lately, I've had so many small problems pop up when trying to "react" to a post, or in creating a post. I just tried to reply to Rene in my question about printer paper. I've typed it twice and clicked submit, and it disappears. It did the same recently when I tried to reply to someone else. It seems hit and miss. I so often have to refresh the page or logout and then log in again in order to do any commenting or reacting. Is it just me?

It just happened to me right now. I quoted Mary's comment, commented on how I liked the layout and pressed ENTER, and it disappeared. 😞

• Like 1

This has happened to me in the past. Frustrating when it happens... once was an extremely long reply! 

The other problem I have had is not knowing if the reply actually posted. Just yesterday I replied to a post and hit submit reply. My post still appeared in the editing box and I didn't see a reply in the thread. I didn't want to hit submit reply again so I opened the thread in a new tab to see if my reply had posted. It had so I closed the tab that had the reply still in the editing box.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoniqueN. said:

Carole can see those posts probably in her forum spam folder. It happened "a lot" some time ago

Unlike the previous forum platform, this one does not have a "spam" folder. The only thing I get, sometimes, is a notification that some posts need to be approved (usually when they have links). Strangely, it lets in some real spam, but flags the legit posters!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoniqueN. said:

On page 6 a new member advertising about a study abroad 🙂

Oh, you are right. Strangely, I had not seen it go through. Usually, I see them because I get a notification for EVERY post in the forum. I must have been sleeping on the job!

• Haha 1

Sometimes what I get is the inability to react to a post and I scroll up and it shows I'm logged in.  Only in some forum posts does this happen and always from when I click on the link in the email notification. 

And sometimes I have to re-log in because it says I'm not logged in.  I always check "remember me" for your website so it's easier to just click the favorites bar where I have you.  I chalk that one up to MS updates resetting things it has no right reset without asking first.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Sometimes what I get is the inability to react to a post and I scroll up and it shows I'm logged in.  Only in some forum posts does this happen and always from when I click on the link in the email notification. 

And sometimes I have to re-log in because it says I'm not logged in.  I always check "remember me" for your website so it's easier to just click the favorites bar where I have you.  I chalk that one up to MS updates resetting things it has no right reset without asking first.  

I also get the inability to react. In that case, I tend to just refresh the page. I am not sure if the site forgets you are logged in after X number of hours of idle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

I have to log in every so often even though "remember me" is checked. Several times it has made me log in again when I was just on the site 1 to 2 hours earlier in the day.

2 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

I have to log in every so often even though "remember me" is checked. Several times it has made me log in again when I was just on the site 1 to 2 hours earlier in the day.

Quoting myself because just 2 hours after I posted this response, I came back to the forum and needed to sign in!

I have trouble with it saying I am logged in at the top of the page, but it won't let me post until I go to the sign in page, (that does say I am signed in) and back to where I wanted to comment.  I will try the refreshing the page next time to see if that works for me too..   PS  It just did it again when trying to post this and the refresh page worked.

• Like 2