What are you working on (in February 2024)?

Cassel

Ah, I used the new template, also. Here is grandson, Tyler-John (28), just back from his first Caribbean vacation in Costa Rica all by himself! (He says he hasn't had time to develop any romantic relationships yet. 😉) I used the cass-datestamp9. The toucan bird is from a kit "Froot Loops." (Does he qualify for the Rainbow Challenge?) The background photo is from Alamy_MHKT6M.

TYLER COSTA RICA VACA-02-2024_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
fixed typo
  • Love 7

I want to join the Photo Circle Template script action too.  Here is a 8 week P52 challenge recap.  took a few times through the script to get the right size for the P52 size ( i chose the custom shape choice as I wanted a rectangle.  then I added a frame around each one adding a shadow and reverse shadow as well.  I did have to erase a little bit of the spill over shadow on the last one and I managed to remember how to do that.  The fonts I used are Linna and Lophinky (i might have spelled that wrong - both from Creative Fabrica).  

Photo Circle Template - P52 so far-600.jpg

• WOW 2
  • Love 5

13 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

I want to join the Photo Circle Template script action too.  Here is a 8 week P52 challenge recap.  took a few times through the script to get the right size for the P52 size ( i chose the custom shape choice as I wanted a rectangle.  then I added a frame around each one adding a shadow and reverse shadow as well.  I did have to erase a little bit of the spill over shadow on the last one and I managed to remember how to do that.  The fonts I used are Linna and Lophinky (i might have spelled that wrong - both from Creative Fabrica).  

Photo Circle Template - P52 so far-600.jpg

Very nice and this script definitively will go on my ever growing wishlist!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Very nice and this script definitively will go on my ever growing wishlist!

And it turns out I must've read the READ ME file because i did the right thing.  Still not sure why it didn't make the frames.  I was tired and it was late...that's probably why. 

10 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

And it turns out I must've read the READ ME file because i did the right thing.  Still not sure why it didn't make the frames.  I was tired and it was late...that's probably why.

One thing I found is that if the starting shape is very close to the edge and depending on the number of repeats, if the shape (plus the border) touches that edge (often on the left/right sides), it will happen. I have taken that into account in the default shapes, but I can't control it when you use your own preset shapes. If that is the case, draw your shape slightly off the top of the red rectangle. It might address that.

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

One thing I found is that if the starting shape is very close to the edge and depending on the number of repeats, if the shape (plus the border) touches that edge (often on the left/right sides), it will happen. I have taken that into account in the default shapes, but I can't control it when you use your own preset shapes. If that is the case, draw your shape slightly off the top of the red rectangle. It might address that.

Oh, thank you Carole.  Absolutely that's what I did, started on the very edge as i was trying to get an equivalent to 600x900 size (1.5 x factor I guess is the math on that).  Once I use the Vector is there a way to resize/edit the shape we do make INSIDE the red box?  I would love you to show us in the next Q&A if possible.  I think I kind of fumbled my way through it.  Once through I did get the frames, but other times I didn't and understanding the need to account for the frame size makes total sense to me now.  Thank you for letting me know.  This is a super script, just watching the complexities of it running I was wow'd.  Oh and once I went outside the red box and well, I got the pop up for that too.  Playing with it is a good way to get comfortable using it in the ways I want to. 

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1

I wasn't finished playing with that Pencilscript (Susan I like it as much as you do!) and this time I wanted to see what the script would make of a photo of a mill. The mill was mostly a dark color and I like the result of the script very much. It very much looks like an old drawing and I need birthday cards for (older) men. I had used this photo for my postage stamps and put that stamp on the back of the card together with my logo. This card has happy birthday in Dutch and I did a German one too; there are a couple of guys I have in mind for this card in 2024! The font is Sonia btw.

Kaart-Ned.-600.jpg

Edited by Corrie Kinkel
forgot the font name
  • Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 9

12 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

I wasn't finished playing with that Pencilscript (Susan I like it as much as you do!) and this time I wanted to see what the script would make of a photo of a mill. The mill was mostly a dark color and I like the result of the script very much. It very much looks like an old drawing and I need birthday cards for (older) men. I had used this photo for my postage stamps and put that stamp on the back of the card together with my logo. This card has happy birthday in Dutch and I did a German one too; there are a couple of guys I have in mind for this card in 2024! The font is Sonia btw.

Kaart-Ned.-600.jpg

Absolutely love your ideas and the result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Kaart-Ned.-600.jpg

Corrie, that windmill is perfect.  This script is quite addicting.  I cant wait to do some more photography specifically for this script.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Susan Ewart said:

Corrie, that windmill is perfect.  This script is quite addicting.  I cant wait to do some more photography specifically for this script.  

Susan I know! I find the script works its magic on so many different items as long as they have enough dark colors in them, or if you can change the colors to darker ones and maybe black and white too. That's something I have to try with another photo.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

Susan I know! I find the script works its magic on so many different items as long as they have enough dark colors in them, or if you can change the colors to darker ones and maybe black and white too. That's something I have to try with another photo.

That's the secret Corrie, getting the right photo and editing for the script.  Not editing to make the photo beautiful as the photo it is, but know when to get the dark areas lighter and the lighter areas darker, especially as you pointed out, too light around the edges then it just disappears.  I never thought of making cards for men, your card is perfect for that.  I did find I had to lighten the darks, somewhere to slightly darker than a mid-value and to darken the areas that are too light.  And a properly edited or even the edit that was for the script under it and lowering the opacity.  or even putting the orig.photo on the layer above and trying the blend modes and using the the opacity with that.  Also using masks to have just one bit of color showing through.  So many possibilities.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 3

• Cassel unpinned this topic