December SKETCH Challenge (2023)

Cassel

Sketch060-2023-12.jpg

Learning scrapbooking is often done with practice, looking around for inspiration, and trying to recreate projects we admire. Sometimes, we can be inspired by finished projects, but sometimes, we also have to use our imagination to interpret something.

This challenge will allow you to envision something from a “boring” base, and you will have to imagine the end result differently. The sketch is only a written idea, and you can fly with it, modify it, and customize it to fit your vision, your photos, and your supplies.

Sketch060.jpg

And if you want more information on using sketches, check out this article.

Post your project in the gallery.

• Like 1

Great grandson Raja Blue Lennox, brother to Magic, from Mendocino, California. Details: FONTS: Hello Butterfly and Agency; Elephants: Marisa Lerin - Oh Baby Baby;
Frame-elif sahin_winter day; Background photo: The Lion King - Disney- luminance layer mode; Polka dot paper: cpjess-behold-autumn-mini kit.
Raja photo: dad Will Lennox - I used a watercolor brush to blur the edges of mask.

SKETCH CHALLENGE DEC 2023 - RAJA BLUE_600.jpg

Edited by Ann Seeber
added mask details
  • Love 8

I had no photo to use that matched with this winter theme but I have collected a lot of goodies which I never used. I have gone quite liberal with the sketch idea, but all is there, although not all are papers in the given rectangles by the sketch. I think most of what I used came from Creative Fabrica and some from DigitalScrapbook.com. This was a fun layout and a change from the scripting course which is almost finished, just one more lesson to go in the new year. 

SketchChallenge-dec-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 7

• 2 weeks later...

here is my layout, from Wuppertal - Zoo - 2007

I used quicktiles 3 script to make patterns for my papers. Polaroid and lifted photo scripts for the pictures, Sequins script for the sequins

for the stich I used Cass-stichfont 2.  the sticker is handdrawn with my tablet, its not perfect but I love it.

large.sketchWuppertal-02-12-2023-600.jpg.c371e6cdda38a41e8660f99ef51165c9.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Anja Pelzer said:

here is my layout, from Wuppertal - Zoo - 2007

I used quicktiles 3 script to make patterns for my papers. Polaroid and lifted photo scripts for the pictures, Sequins script for the sequins

for the stich I used Cass-stichfont 2.  the sticker is handdrawn with my tablet, its not perfect but I love it.

large.sketchWuppertal-02-12-2023-600.jpg.c371e6cdda38a41e8660f99ef51165c9.jpg

I LOVE your sticker!  it's so cute.  You did a good job on it, it looks like a real sticker.  Your colors are so nice.  

• Thanks 1