November RANDOM Challenge (2023)

Cassel

Random-Challenge.jpg

Here is a challenge to do something that will always be slightly different every time it is presented. Just an idea that popped like that (and you can also send me suggestions for occasional random challenges too).

This time, let's talk about buttons. We can obviously use buttons as a fastener, but we can surely create much more. Imagine what children would do if we gave them a bunch of buttons to create something. They likely would not stop at the traditional use. They might make paths, flowers, frames, etc.

What will you make with buttons?

Post your project in the gallery.

This was fun but time consuming.  The background was downloaded from CF, "Winter-landscape-74761386". All components of the Snowlady are buttons, some distorted to make them work. Also the walkway from the woods. am_intex that I have no idea where I got it from. I did a search in my saved stuff and found over 80 buttons. Of course some were only different colors of the same one.

LET IT SNOW 6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

My first idea for this Button Challenge was a Button Tree, but luckily I noticed Sue has already done one and I didn't want to do something similar. As you can see I emptied by button box and made a bauble with some decorations. I mostly used the picture tubes that are inside PSP but changed some of their colors to give it a more christmas feel. Their original colors are more suited for Easter in my opinion at least. The decorations come from my stash and are by Marissa Lerin.

ButtonBauble-600.jpg

• Love 9

6 minutes ago, Corrie Kinkel said:

My first idea for this Button Challenge was a Button Tree, but luckily I noticed Sue has already done one and I didn't want to do something similar. As you can see I emptied by button box and made a bauble with some decorations. I mostly used the picture tubes that are inside PSP but changed some of their colors to give it a more christmas feel. Their original colors are more suited for Easter in my opinion at least. The decorations come from my stash and are by Marissa Lerin.

ButtonBauble-600.jpg

Wonderful, do you think I  could use it to decorate my tree with. 😀

• WOW 1

What to do with buttons? This image sort of came to mind so has kept me busy tonight. I love to turn Dingbats into shapes and can do this using SS-making preset shape script. I don't know if you can still get this free script. Anyhow, I used preset shapes made from a window font by Kriss and Wildflower font by Muhammad Yafinuha. I suppose you can just use as a font but being as I have sooooo many, it is easier to find them as a shape, especially if I am likely to make good use of them. I coloured and shaded the flowers. I used button balls I made in Filter Forge over time as the flower centers. As I wanted to keep the background transparent, I used the print screen function, cropped it, saved it as a jpg and hopefully will look transparent. TFL

Dingbat Flowers Image-SGH-26-11-2023.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8

The tree was from digital scrapbooking  "Christmas-Tree-Bauble-82464322" (it was grey and I turned it green.) The lights were the red button picture tube that I then turned to all white. The buttons are some I downloaded over the years and I did adjust some of them.

tree w buttons s.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 4

• Cassel unpinned this topic