Alphabet game - GRILLING

Cassel

On 7/6/2023 at 4:47 AM, Michele said:

I = Imu. In Hawaii, an underground pit lined with hot rocks. Kalua pig, a whole hog, is cooked in an imu. It is wrapped in leaves and/or wet cloth, laid on the rocks, and buried by covering the pit with dirt or sand. And, yes, I Googled it. 

When I was a kid, the local Rotary Club held a huge pit barbecue every year for many years on the farm of a large local cattle rancher. The meat was amazing and people came from miles around to get in line! I enjoyed it then, but don't eat it now.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Julie Magerka said:

When I was a kid, the local Rotary Club held a huge pit barbecue every year for many years on the farm of a large local cattle rancher. The meat was amazing and people came from miles around to get in line! I enjoyed it then, but don't eat it now.

Julie, our Rotary Club held a luau a few years ago and I documented it.

Its A Luau-600.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Ann Seeber said:

Q = Quail - small bird, found wild or farmed. Great on a grill and featured in Texas. The ones pictured are sold mostly boneless because the birds are so small the bones are difficult to eat around.

QUAIL BBQ.jpg

I love to eat quails.In my french country it's not an unusual speciality, but not gtilled, rather cooked in what we call a "sauteuse" or "cocotte", the whole bird sometimes filled with sausage meat, mushrooms, minced meat, foie gras, grapes and so on. Yummy!

• Like 1
  • WOW 1
  • Love 1