May BINGO Challenge (2023)

Cassel

5 minutes ago, Cassel said:

And if they don't exist yet, we can invent something new! At least, digitally, we can do anything! And who knows if the tape companies might copy us!?

...and we could all become gazillionairs and alway have the latest greatest versions of PSP, Filter Forge and all the rest and best of all be lifetime members of the Scrapbook Campus!  lets get on it.  

Speaking of FF, I was reading people having problems downloading the version 12 with the library and back up thing.  I want to take advantage of the offer. Since it expires on my birthday, it must be a sign, right?  Just wonder if anyone has it and was there any problems getting it all to work?

Just now, Mary Solaas said:

Carole, I couldn't find a tutorial on washi tape.  Is there one???

None with that name probably because when I did those tutorials, the name "Washi" was not common yet, but basically, it is just a regular "scotch tape" that is not as sticky (so you can reposition it) and has various patterns on it. So if you search in the tutorial for "tape", you will find some that would likely fall in the category of "Washi tape", without being that name.

6 minutes ago, Susan Ewart said:

Speaking of FF, I was reading people having problems downloading the version 12 with the library and back up thing.  I want to take advantage of the offer. Since it expires on my birthday, it must be a sign, right?  Just wonder if anyone has it and was there any problems getting it all to work?

I personally don't care about the library itself since I can always download the filters I actually need instead of having 14K.

As for the versions, a few years ago, I managed to get a great offer once, for a lifetime upgrade. I don't know how often they offer that so if that is something that might interest you, keep an eye on their specials. They don't always advertise them. Right now, it is $232 (at 40% off), which is less than 2 years of upgrade at regular price for the pro version. I think they do have better deals at times.

• Like 1

I need a new computer with a 2 T drive, to hold all my "stuff".  If I download FF 12 and the libraries I may need a 3 T drive. Right???  Right now, my son has me with 3 internal drives (2 are 1T and 1 1/2T.  Then I have a laptop with a 1 T SD (which I like to take with me).  However, I need to use a 1T SD external drive (which I bought and really couldn't decide what I would put on it) but now, I think I will put the downloaded tuts and master classes and my CD picture file (humongous) on it to take with me when I am away from my real computer and need to access that stuff!  I have the standalone Abstract Curves on both computers and the FF is only on my real computer.  I understand that I can use my license to put it on my laptop, but haven't done so yet.  I, too, don't have the libraries downloaded as I can access them at any time I need something.

Edited by Mary Solaas

I have three internal drives on my computer (they were added over the years, but I think three is the max this computer can handle):

- SS 500GB for the programs only
- 700GB for the store stuff (scripts, tubes, brushes, etc.)
- 1 TB for the Campus stuff

And one EHD for storing the various external resources, scrapbook kits, and some of the content from the Campus (like all the video tutorials). 

17 hours ago, Cassel said:

I have three internal drives on my computer (they were added over the years, but I think three is the max this computer can handle):

- SS 500GB for the programs only
- 700GB for the store stuff (scripts, tubes, brushes, etc.)
- 1 TB for the Campus stuff

And one EHD for storing the various external resources, scrapbook kits, and some of the content from the Campus (like all the video tutorials). 

Is there an advantage to having multiple drives as opposed to one huge one?

3 hours ago, Michele said:

Is there an advantage to having multiple drives as opposed to one huge one?

I think it would be very expensive to have one huge drive.  There is more risk of losing your data if it's on the same drive as your boot drive.  If it wasnt an SSD it would also be slower.  I currently have similar to carole 500 SSD for programs only, 1 TB for Data and a 2TB for data.  I have over 20 yrs of digital photos and already thinking I need another drive.  I dont really know much about this stuff. The information in the first sentences is from my husband.  I'm the one who doesnt know how stuff works, but I can work it.  Kind of like electricity and plumbing and my car...I dont need to know how they work to be able to work them.  I really should know more about how the computer works though.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cassel said:

I personally don't care about the library itself since I can always download the filters I actually need instead of having 14K.

As for the versions, a few years ago, I managed to get a great offer once, for a lifetime upgrade. I don't know how often they offer that so if that is something that might interest you, keep an eye on their specials. They don't always advertise them. Right now, it is $232 (at 40% off), which is less than 2 years of upgrade at regular price for the pro version. I think they do have better deals at times.

thank you.  I think I'll pass on the deal.  I got an email for $159 for the lifetime upgrade too and I'd love to jump on it, but it's $159 USD which would have been okay in CAD but a little too much for me.  I dont use it enough and would be better to put the money toward my Campus membership next year.

1 hour ago, Susan Ewart said:

I think it would be very expensive to have one huge drive.  There is more risk of losing your data if it's on the same drive as your boot drive.  If it wasnt an SSD it would also be slower.  I currently have similar to carole 500 SSD for programs only, 1 TB for Data and a 2TB for data.  I have over 20 yrs of digital photos and already thinking I need another drive.  I dont really know much about this stuff. The information in the first sentences is from my husband.  I'm the one who doesnt know how stuff works, but I can work it.  Kind of like electricity and plumbing and my car...I dont need to know how they work to be able to work them.  I really should know more about how the computer works though.

Thanks, Susan. In the very early days of computers (back in the 1980's), I knew a lot about them. Now I'm at a complete loss. Please thank your husband for me. I'll keep this in mind for my next one.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Michele said:

Thanks, Susan. In the very early days of computers (back in the 1980's), I knew a lot about them. Now I'm at a complete loss. Please thank your husband for me. I'll keep this in mind for my next one.

I too am at a loss if  technology stuff goes wrong.  Just like if the lights dont work.  My electrical expertise amounts to flipping the odd breaker switch when I use the microwave and the kettle at the same time.  Technology is great when it works, when it doesnt, I'm reduced to cave-woman mentality.  

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Haha 2

• Cassel unpinned this topic