Newsletter chitchat - May 2

Cassel

Just Awesome

Shes so Blessed Lucky to Have you as Her mom.  I couldn't d/l the mother day cards but its okay Ild never have anyone to send it to.  My mom just went into hospice care, but I pray for her.   My sister and brother just wants to sue the nursing home, but its all about Money.   

Also I cant get that space.mov to open I d/l the program you suggested  can you look into it?  Thank you   Love the Green room

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, cindy harris said:

Also I cant get that space.mov to open I d/l the program you suggested  can you look into it? 

That file works with VideoStudio. Even if you download the trial only, it takes a while to figure things out (I still struggle). I would suggest you skip that freebie, Cindy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bonnie Ballentine said:

How about a small box of gardening tools, watering can, trowel, pruning shears, etc...or supplies used to create the green room?

Interesting ideas. I'll see what can be done. It would make sense to have that "hidden" on the bottom!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Interesting ideas. I'll see what can be done. It would make sense to have that "hidden" on the bottom!

some gardening books on the bottom shelf, since these plants dont need water, they would be safe there.  Or extra pots stacked, or a bag of soil.  

• Like 4

Colourful tropical fish tank or maybe that's another project. What you have done so far looks amazing. I've made miniatures in the past and used small dried beans and pulses and dried pasta/spaghetti dripping out of the pots.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Cassel said:

That file works with VideoStudio. Even if you download the trial only, it takes a while to figure things out (I still struggle). I would suggest you skip that freebie, Cindy.

WILL YOU  make a non mov file of the space mov i cant make it run even with that videostuido program  or anyone who can make the .mov file plz

2 minutes ago, cindy harris said:

WILL YOU  make a non mov file of the space mov i cant make it run even with that videostuido program  or anyone who can make the .mov file plz

No, Cindy. I can't. It is a video file. You are not making videos, are you?

• Like 1

So many great ideas already. I downloaded the photo to see it on a large scale...  It already looks gorgeous, with so many tiny little plants, a table, and books...   I wonder what the measurements are...   Probably it's not easy to work/create them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cristina said:

I wonder what the measurements are...   Probably it's not easy to work/create them.

It is a 1:12 scale, so each one inch for each foot, making the shelf a bit over 7 inches (about 18cm) and the monstera plant, the biggest one, is a bit under 3 inches. Working at that scale is a skill one needs to practice. Believe it or not, some miniaturists will do 1:24 or even 1:48 scale!!

• Like 2
  • WOW 1

1 hour ago, Cassel said:

It is a 1:12 scale, so each one inch for each foot, making the shelf a bit over 7 inches (about 18cm) and the monstera plant, the biggest one, is a bit under 3 inches. Working at that scale is a skill one needs to practice. Believe it or not, some miniaturists will do 1:24 or even 1:48 scale!!

They are really tiny... and they look so real...  Hats off!...   I see on FB a page called Tiny Kitchen or something like this... Incredible work to make this tiny, real food... 

• Like 1

Following Bonnie's suggestion, I have added some gardening tools, a bag of soil, and the seed packets (the coin is for scale).

GardeningTools-600.jpg

Also, since she has had a knitting project for a while, I figured I could add some wool in a box.

Knitting-600.jpg

Finally, I have added some more details. Can you spot them?

GreenRoom01-May5-600.jpg

It is still not completely finished. I also have two hanging plants that are not in the scene yet.

The shelf is not glued yet so nothing is stable! If I sneeze, it all tumbles down!

• Love 4

15 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Following Bonnie's suggestion, I have added some gardening tools, a bag of soil, and the seed packets (the coin is for scale).

GardeningTools-600.jpg

Also, since she has had a knitting project for a while, I figured I could add some wool in a box.

Knitting-600.jpg

GreenRoom01-May5-600.jpg

It is still not completely finished. I also have two hanging plants that are not in the scene yet.

The shelf is not glued yet so nothing is stable! If I sneeze, it all tumbles down!

I see the starbucks cup and books, wonderful books.  This looks so awesome.  The bottom shelf is perfect, it's just what anyone would put on the shelf.  the pots are all different just like we all have at home and different colored too. This blows me away.  Your daughter will be even more blown away I am sure.

Edited by Susan Ewart
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

This is looking amazing...It's so fun to find new additions!... What material do you use to create them? The vases look like real ones.

Good idea to add other hanging plants... I have a few at home too, but nowadays, they are mostly from Ikea ? ... Before, I would have relatives to take care of the plants while we were away, but now they are not close/able anymore. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Cassel said:

GardeningTools-600.jpg

Knitting-600.jpg

GreenRoom01-May5-600.jpg

Shs so Blessed  ,  in a way I am too my mom didn't throw me in a trash can where no one could hear me. I cant say my sister and brother after me was as lucky, my sister did eventually have a adopted family and had her own family shes a good mom

Your a Super Great Mom and Grandma,  Those People and us are blessed.  your a Great Teacher  

I am trying still ?

• Like 1

Beautifully done! if you look at the photo and you don't know it's a mini version, you think it's all real. I like the little things on the bottom shelf. Really great!
But I may have found you another project Carole, I wouldn't want you to get bored when your green room is finished.
This is a bird hotel in Amsterdam, according to the commentary accompanying the photo. I saw the photo pass by on fb and immediately thought of you.

BirdHotelAmsterdam.jpg

• Love 2

19 minutes ago, Cassel said:

I have the gnome house to work on after the green room!

29 minutes ago, Marie-Claire said:

Beautifully done! if you look at the photo and you don't know it's a mini version, you think it's all real. I like the little things on the bottom shelf. Really great!
But I may have found you another project Carole, I wouldn't want you to get bored when your green room is finished.
This is a bird hotel in Amsterdam, according to the commentary accompanying the photo. I saw the photo pass by on fb and immediately thought of you.

BirdHotelAmsterdam.jpg

This would look cool in miniature.  

• Like 1