June Tut/Tech Challenge

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Tut-Tech-Challenge.jpg

The Campus is the perfect place to learn more about photo editing, various techniques, or PSP in general.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to practice some of those techniques or use some tools.

This month's Tut/Tech Challenge is the Text on Path. This technique is fairly simple, and once you know how to attach the text to any path, you open up a whole world of options to add your text. You can read the tutorial HERE.

What will you create? Show us below. We want to be inspired.

Anja your page is lovely.  Thanks for showing us.

Here is my page for this challenge. The Text on Path effect done on the bird photo and green page edge (this done with Cassel's Font edges). Album book was done with Cassel's Preview Book script. The Mask on photo was a freebie I was able to get.

best wishes to everyone,

Dawn.

Anja and Dawn, nice layouts, colors, and photos. Great work!

Dawn, I love the page edge and the preview book. I knew neither the font nor the script... I will add to my wish list ;)

I haven't done anything yet to this challenge... Let's see if I can come up with something.

I just read your campus update and by coincidence, I used the Text on Path technique today for my gaming group daily theme. Again, pay no attention to "Fabulous Divas." That is simply the group's name.

I couldn't get the exact result I wanted and I ran out of time. I wanted to make the word "BOLD" more centered over it's part of the path. I put "BOLD BOHEMIAN" on one path and I realize now I probably should have created separate paths for each word. I used the space bar to move "Bohemian" to where I wanted it to go. However, when I tried to do the same with "Bold," it didn't work. I put my cursor at the beginning of the text, but when I spaced, only the second word would move. Can anyone give me any hints besides using two different paths?

Here is my contribution for this challenge. For the papers, I used a free icon from Wikipedia and ran the Cassel's Embossed Script. Also used Cassel's Corners Punched A brush. For the photo, I used one of the Distressed Edges freebies and ran the Split-Photo script. As I had 4 pieces of the photo and I only wanted 2, I merged them, and after that, I ran the Lifted Photo script.

For the papers, I used a free icon from Wikipedia and ran the cass-Embossed Script. Also used cass-Corners-PunchesA Brush. For the photo, I used one of the Distressed Edges freebies and ran the cass-Split-Photo script. As I had 4 pieces of the photo and I only wanted 2, I merged them, and after that, I ran the cass-LiftedPhoto script.

At the end, I added this cute cass-StripCluster-SpringThing1.

Cristina, Anja, mcfin and Sheila, thank you all for taking the time to leave  a comment on my page for this challenge. it is great we can be an encouragement to one another in this way.

mcfin.... like Cristina, I also think your page is very colourful and creative . isn't it wonderful to see the different  ideas that we all have. well done!

Cristina.. love your page,...... the corner punches and the text on path look great..

best wishes everyone,

Dawn.

Dawn, thank you for your comment. :) Like you said, it is an encouragement to one another.

It is the first time I am using the corner punches, although I have had the brushes for some time.  I've seen you using it and always loved the effect.

Thanks for the kind words, ladies, and the suggestions.

Cristina, your page is beautiful. I'm going to have to look into the corner punches and the lifted photo script. They look very cool.

I'm learning so much from everyone. Thank you for describing the different methods and tools you used on your projects.

So I couldn't resist...I bought all three corner punch brush sets and the lifted photo script. I started playing with them and what I did fit right into my group's daily theme for Sunday. Risking redundancy, I thank you all.