June TUT/TECH Challenge - Multicolored Text

Cassel

Ann, that's a cool background.  Isn't that the way? You are playing around and do something cool, then you don't know how you did it so you can recreate it again.

Here is my tut/tech challenge.  Gradient on the bottom quote and, well, not so colorful (in fact Hueless or Color-empty) use of Value going from White to Black on the value scale in random increments.  Seeing the Value of Hue in my Color Course was the hardest to learn and still an on going struggle.    That is why the 'A' in 'Scripta' is barely discernable as this cyan/blue background is very close in value to the letter 'A'.  Painters are really good a reading the value of a hue.

Sue thank you for your comments; I learned a lot from looking at your layouts and it is all in the details, isn't it!

Your Prairie Rose without the quote would make a great card too!

This "simple" TUT/TECH Challenge has a great result with so many so different layouts!

Corrie, absolutely, one small detail can take a layout to the next level. More often than not, the detail is quite subtle,

I masked the rose to send as an ecard to a friend who is now unable to get out and about to shoot insects and wildlife, so I send her some of mine on a regular basis. She's far more knowledgeable than I am when it comes to IDing some species. So I rely on her when I'm stuck. I wasn't overly impressed with the word art, but that's OK. It was coming up to my bedtime, and I didn't give it much thought. The quote was quite apt, for the challenge.

Hi all - your work looks just great, and Susan is right -- they are all so different!

I did one and I hate it. I'll look now, and if it's already sized, I'll post it, but if it's not I'm going to let it slide. Just know that #1, I know how to do this, and #2, I usually dislike the end result primarily because it seems like kiddy stuff and my kids are all grown up.

A shout out to @SherieDracup for the virus (ramsomware) warning on New Pose. This means the loverly New Pose is not yet mine! :((  I did join the Creative Fabrica site (after paying for Hitachi on sale last week, durn it!). Is everybody on here a member?  That's where I bought Sue's Hitachi font last week!  I notice the top 3 pages of any search are filled with treasure and the remaining 2000 pages of hits are mostly trash. Do they get a lot of new content in daily?  Are there any fonts on there that you especially recommend?  I went on to get New Pose, and got waylaid by some of the patterns. Then on to a cat painting that looked just like my daughter's cat!  Sorry didn't mean to get so far off track -- but f there is anything you think I should definitely have, please post or PM me!!!

And another shout out to Ann - if that photo is you as a baby with your dad, consider yourself very lucky to have the photo!

I had resized it for posting....here are three- yellow overlay,. white overlay, black overlay. None of them shout ,"Yay! a Summer Picnic" to me.

dwxtr6hhbzz6trpvmcjmji94utf66k4d.png

p9u1ksucdr6v6t32g4tgalg0b7qqll7h.jpg

r8ogz6353dokoivjv1gqzra3nkjt7kxx.jpg

Suzy, speaking for myself, and I only ever speak as I find. Creative Fabrica is in my opinion one of the best, if not the best site for resources and inspiration. Their service is impeccable, helpful, and very prompt. To say that 2000 pages are trash, is unfair and unwarranted to say the least. They cater to many needs across the creative board so what you may consider is trash isn't to someone else. No one is perfect, and they do have hiccups, which in my experience they rectify instantly.

I have always had great experiences with Creative Fabrica. They have a lot of stuff that doesn't interest me at all (like all those patterns for mugs, t-shirts, etc.) because I don't do that. I like the fonts that include extra glyphs. That is my main source for those fonts. I even showed how to use their site for those particular fonts, in the Glyphy Fonts class. They also have great graphics and those are legal to use, unlike so many png cliparts that you can find on various sites.

I think it is unfortunate if one glitch included a virus. Another indication that it is a good idea to scan EVERYTHING you download, no matter the source. Who knows if a virus can be "caught" in the upload/download process???

I totally agree with Sue and Carol! Creative Fabrica has 3 freebies everyday and one is always a font. I have noticed that they circulate their fonts sometimes, so if you missed one it is worth waiting for it to turn up again. I am not interested in embroiderie, at least not nowadays, but I could make my cousin very happy with some of their designs. And of course it is always wise to be cautious what you download; my virusscanner does a good job on that part.

Suzy, I like your work very much. All options!

I  also never had any problems with Creative Fabrica. The resources are immense to suit every taste.

I downloaded the New Pose font (thank you, Pirkko!), and my Norton Antivirus had no problems with it... However, when a site is unsafe, a new red tab immediately appears with a big warning. It was not the case.

As Corrie mentioned, every day, they offer three freebies (Fonts, Graphics, and Crafts). Sometimes I download, sometimes I don't, depending on if they suit me.

What I’m hearing is that they have great freebies, but that no one pays $19.00 a month for a subscription?

I was wondering if the subscription was worth it. You know, for non-professional hobbyists? (So maybe Cassel wouldn’t count, not sure).

Does anybody have a monthly $19.00 subscription to Creative Fabrica?

edited to add, sorry Christina, we must have cross posted. Thank you. :)

I don't have a subscription as I would not have enough time to use that much resources, but I have used freebies and made a few purchases too, on occasion, when I needed something specific and could not wait to see if it would be a freebie at some point. I think the subscription would be more suitable for someone using those resources commercially. You can probably get what you need by purchasing them, and it would likely end up less than $19 per month.

I guess it depends on your usage. It would be worth it if you used a lot of them, but if you tend to use the same resources over and over again, you likely don't need a huge collection.

I don't have a subscription either. I have more then enough with the free fonts and other goodies if I like them. Besides that, there are frequent offfers of a free bundle and there is the font of the week too. I get every day an email with the freebies of that day! The bulk of my fonts I collected this way. I have McAfee Antivirus and had no problem with the New Pose font, so who knows if there was a virus or not...

I don't have a subscription either.  I found them to be quite responsive when I had a problem logging on (my fault) and they fixed it right away.  Norton hasn't detected anything devious from them so far.  I get the freebie's and bundles.  I love looking through the fonts and there is cool ideas when you look at the thumbnails when you click on a font to see more of it.  sometimes I really like a font and will pay the $1 sale price if I don't want to wait and see if it will come around as a freebie.  I did buy my favorite font (Samantha Upright Script by Laura Worthington) that finally came on sale for $9, reg. $79.  It's on sale for $17 right now.  It has so many glyphs that it has a user guide!  I'd say give it a month or two with the free membership and then decide if the membership price is worth it.

Another good source for inexpensive fonts is FontBundles.net. I don't know if they still do, but they used to have $1 deals monthly that included bundles in addition to single fonts. Fontaholics Anonymous made me cut myself off a couple of years ago. LOL

Michele, I also joined the Fontaholics Anonymous, probably at the same time you did, but I have to confess that sometimes I relapse, LOL.

Before, I also downloaded goodies from Design Cuts and Creative Market sites, but not anymore. Now that I am starting to create layouts again, I try to use different fonts to justify my addiction! :)

thanks Michele and Cristina, I hadnt heard of  FontBundles.net and the other sites.  I'm not ready for Fontaholics Anonymous yet, I'm not addicted....much. LOL.  My therapists (AKA my cats!) say I'm in denial.  I say, if I gotta be somewhere, denial is a wonderful place to be. ?

Cristina, I relapse all the time with CF, but only the freebies. CM doesn't seem to have its weekly freebies anymore so I rarely go there although they do offer some freebies.

Susan, be careful as font addiction is very prevalent! lol

Hi,  Just wanted to let you guys know, that Creative Fabrica got back to me, and assured me there is no virus in the New Pose font file.  They were very quick to respond.  Also when I did a full system scan of my system, nothing turned up.  So strange.  For interest sake, I am sending to my virus checker support to see if they can figure it out, as I still cannot download it.  :(  Too bad for me as I love the font, and as mentioned before, I have never had a problem before downloading from this site.  Does anyone else use Bit Defender virus checker?  Thanks