What are you working on (February 2022)?

Cassel

Quick Page #02 - My family is Ready for Mardi Gras! My daughter, Debbie and her granddaughter, Magic, are draped in Mardi Gras beads for this photo from Northern California. New Orleans was the home of Deb's husband, Lucky, and for many years they lived there. This is a reprise of a previous Quick Page for me, but I felt the design worked for the excess that Mardi Gras is famous for! The headline font is Horror, and I used a black stroke to emphasize it. I found the Mardi Gras beads on NicePNG, the brad I already had.

Corel Freebie - Heart frame. I used a photo from June 2021 because the frame needed a tall photo with the subject towards the bottom. I resized the template from 2000 to 3600 so I could use the cass-resize template script. So here's my California family. I tried the Adjustment Layer but it applied any effect to the whole layout, so I pulled out the layer I wanted to adjust (changed the bird from red to white) applied the hue/saturation/lightness to it and then put it back as a new layer.

Quick Pages 3 - I wanted to add add a title but the font I chose did not look good crossing the lines and I did not think I could make it work with an individual letter between each vertical stripe.  My solution was to copy the area of two vertical strips, rotate 90 degrees, stretch it out and use as a background for my text. I cropped area that went beyond the stripes so that the vertical lines touched the lines from what I had copied and pasted.

I tried other colours for the text and this one seemed to stand out the best so I decided on it.

I know this is about quick pages but I really did not feel it was complete until I did this.

Not a scrap page. I have lost my mojo a bit.  I am still playing with PSP though and love to do lots of different things I can add to a page when inspiration comes. So, I used a black and white line image from Graphics Angel, used Cybia Alphaworks plugin to remove the white background and using about 150 layers, coloured it in and used shading to give some depth. I used Carole's group script to contain all those layers. TFL

This is my favourite photo of the 3 kids when they were young. I am still working on my younger daughters memory book, and this a page.   I have been missing recently recovering from  a stroke, and it certainly knocked the stuffing out of me. It affected my speech, and I still have a bit of brain freeze, but I am doing ok, just takes me a bit longer.