What are you working on (in October 2021)?

Cassel

Those of you living in North America you will undoubtedly be familiar with this bug, and yes, it is a bug and not an insect. As in late September through October they like to congregate in large numbers to hibernate, often choosing human abodes in which to do so. Desk calendar for my entomologist friend Dale. Again I used Carole's calendar script. Extracted the leaf with the bug on from the photo. Used one of my leafy photos as an overlay. I don't know why I have not posted any of these pages before. I suppose I hadn't thought about it.

Michele, aren't we just! :-)

Hello dear Friends. I'm here to let you know that I have not deserted my post. As you are probably aware I am doing the Scripting Course and ... yes, it is intensive and we are only into the very beginnings of it! LOL! I am loving it just the same and I wanted all of you to know that I love and miss you. To use Arnold Schwarzenegger's catchphrase ... I'll be back! ;D

I didn't have a suitable picture so this is a borrowed one from bing .

Anyone remember the days of CB's when first visiting the states a motel owner named me Foxy Lady. When I finally bought one that was my handle and hence now is my signature. I love Foxes. xxx

Nice work everyone, all those calendars look great. xx

Aargh ... my nemesis! I excelled in most subjects at school but I was a math dummy especially when it got into those algebra equations.

I think it was math that was responsible for most of my youthful migraines, LOL! Loving the lessons Carole ... they are sure taxing these old brain cells! ;D

Sue: What a charming bug! What is the difference between a bug and an insect?

Foxy Lady Trish: Wow, you were hiding a lot of talent back there in the shadows! ;-) I like the one with the misted figure, too.

ANNIE!!: I've missed you around these "rooms," my friend! Hope all is well in Aussie-land and I hear you about math. It was my nemesis in school also UNTIL I got to Algebra, the only math  that I could truly understand! LOL I've been using it lately to size photos for our calendar challenge. In many cases I have to turn a portrait into a landscape. Aarrgghh!!

Good morning everyone, I have been lurking around in here. I know I do not post images as I should, have no excuse. Just procrastination, I am the worst for doing this, it is a big problem that I need to control. I do really try to get things done in here, but there is always something else that catches my eye. I do apologize for not keeping up with you all.

Ann,  thank you and good morning!  Firstly I should have mentioned in my post, that the  Box Elder bug, is more commonly known as  the Maple bug in North America.   Insects always have three body parts and six legs, and usually 4 wings and antennae.   There are bugs, and "true bugs", true bugs have a mouth shaped like a straw to suck juices, mostly from  plants.

Bugs and insects aren't necessarily the same thing.  The 2 words are used interchangeably, but the difference between the  terms is more than just semantics.  All bugs are insects, but under the technical definition, not all insects are bugs.   "True bugs", belong to a different order.  True bugs include stink bugs, bed bugs, even cicadas.  Some insects have  bug in their name, like ladybug, and Junebug, they are both beetles.  The  Hempitera order, is where the bugs live. Bugs are types of insects with certain defining characteristics: 1) They have a mouth shaped like a straw, called a stylet, that’s used to suck up juices from plants or blood from other insects or animals. 2) They have no teeth. 3) They have some weird stuff going on with their wings: their front wings are thickened and colored where they attach to the body and taper out towards the back end of the wing, and their hind wings are usually clear and tucked under the front wings. Some example of true bugs include beetles, stink bugs, and cicadas. I  touch only the surface of the wonderful world of insects. My knowledge is quite limited compared to others. Their world is far more complex, and fascinating.

My explanations are in layman's terms.

As for the Box Elder Bug, they are in the scentless plant bug category (Rhopalidae),  because they don't have the stink glands possessed by most other "true bugs".

Thank you Monique and  Helen.  It wasn't difficult to create, I used the  straighten tool, to  find out the exact angle of the  word Christmas, to make sure I had the same angle for Merry.  To distort the text I used the sheer tool. It was my first attempt, a practise run!

I took another look at what I did last night, at the time I thought it was a tad off by a fraction, which to me made all the difference. But then I had been looking at it for awhile. I created this one early this morning, using a different font. The letters Y and C are exactly the same size, and the angle is precise. Amazing what 1 digit difference can make to the keen eye. This is only 25kb, 400 pixels. Should any of you like to use it in a festive project, let me know and I will post in the files the original 2,000 x 1,000 pixel PSP file or PNG.  I've now got the hang of creating this  style of  wordart.

Sue, thank you for the explanation on bugs and insects, because in english I sometimes don't really know the difference! And by the way nice ork, I especially like the word art for the holidays!

Michele as always a wonderful fabdiva page, love them.

Annie so glad to see you here and that you are still loving the scripting course. I hope we get to see something that you learned and are now able to make! Good luck with the maths

I've missed you too Ann. I try to sneak in here on the odd occassion but the scripting course has totally captured me. I have kind of put myself back in school ... getting on here around 8am and closing down about 5pm. I need lots of revision to get the lessons to sink in and that is what takes up most of my time. Maybe one day I will actually write my own script to share with you all. Carole's scripts are just amazing though and now that I am getting a bit of an idea of the work that actually goes into a script I am amazed that Carole sells them so cheaply ... she is a sweetie. ;)