BOOTCAMP May 2021

Cassel

Very well done Cindy and I see you have lots of onion on there ... gotta love onions. The crackers, watermelon and flower look lovely. Well done my friend.

As for the extensions etcetera this link to Cassel's tut should help. https://scrapbookcampus.com/2016/07/which-files-do-you-need-to-export-in-psp/

Also, when you download an ebook it should come in html format. You just need to click on it and it will open in your browser.

I hope this helps you dear Cindy.

Annie, the use of those custom confetti is making everything so consistent!

Cindy, that is a nice photo to showcase! I think you went a little heavy on the shadows on that layout. Although it could work on the individual hearts, as they could be thick elements, it would not fit as well for the vertical paper and the confetti. A little trick for the hearts that are exactly of the same color as the background: vary the brightness a tiny bit, just so they show an obvious distinction where there is no shadow, from the background. For your shortcuts question, check out this blog post.

Ann, for your award ribbon, I would suggest you try to make a larger shadow. Although a paper element would usually have a small shadow, your element is sitting on a thick frame, so its shadow should reflect that.

Joe, that "Seas the day" layout makes me feel like going to the beach! I see that the shadow on the anchor seems to be going to the top left, instead of the bottom right, like the other shadows on your project. Do you see the same thing on the original version?

Where is everyone? Only Joe has posted among the dozens of newcomers who registered for the Bootcamp. Are we scary for newcomers?

As a person who would know Fear,

No   you all are Awesome,   Nothing to fear here.

Teacher thank you for the codes link.   I bought a ebook on amazon but never can get it to work :(    still tried a hour can still cant just now.  giving up till tomorrow.  LOL bought it from you Amazon in jan still trying,   but got the link you sent me tonight  thank you.

This is a friendly place full of Artists, cant wait till I get good   Hope i do lol

Joe, then my comment is probably inaccurate and due to the resized dimension. If you want it branded in the paper, you have the correct approach. Maybe have it a little more blurred? But again, it might be great at full size but losing its effect at 600 pixels. But that is totally ok.

My first take on the Adventure project.  Papers are the result of using overlays by Brooke Gazarek from Pixel Scrappers.  The birdies tubes is by Graph Sabine Designs and the flower is by an Oriental person whose name I could not begin to understand.  Photo of the Gouldian Finches courtesy of Australian Geographic.  Font is Missed Your Exit.  Thanks for takin a peek.  ;)

Here is a 'different' take on the Adventure project.  I am a very keen admirer of Steampunk and have many tubes relating to the theme.  This darling little steampunk kitty is by Kajenna from Pics For Design.  Background paper is my own and the elements and papers used are from Steampink which is a kit from Dees'Sign Depot.  Font is Fabulous Steampunk.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;)

Here's my take on the Friendship project: The background is a black and white photo of the dandelion seedhead. I created the striped paper with a selection from all 3 photos. (I also went ahead and made a plaid. lol) The bees on the flowers are stamps so they don't have much depth.

Annie, those are such colorful birds! You have a great way to showcase them.

Joe, that is an interesting different take on that same layout. I see that anchor seems differently displayed in this one. Very good. Were all those animals on the golf course at the same time or did you do a composition for it? I see that you managed to resize the images perfectly without distortion to make them even.

Ann, fun fact: a colleague of mine didn't know that those two "flowers" were, in fact, the same one at different times. She really thought they were different flowers, until I showed her a time-lapse YouTube video of a dandelion going from the yellow form to the white one. Interesting how that plant is used in cooking, and wine-making, yet, many people consider it just weeds.

Frans, welcome to the Bootcamp. I am glad to see some new faces this time around! I like how you used an overlay to cover part of the photo, yet, we can still see it underneath. Have you considered adding shadows? It would make your title and your small photo stand out from the flat background. And by the way, did you have a chance to do the sandwich exercise?

Torsten, welcome to the Bootcamp! Glad to see you post. Don't worry about double posts. That happens, once in a while. In order to help me keep track of which project corresponds to which lesson, would it be possible to keep the layout somewhat similar to the example. Of course, you can add elements, but each lesson is an opportunity to practice some specific commands. In the first lesson, it is about cutting "papers", and shadowing. I would also LOVE to see how you would interpret the sandwich exercise. Did you get it in the email?

Truly beautiful Ann and very informative. The humble dandelion is one of my favourite flowers. They are not a weed as a lot would think but are a valuable environmental resource. I have a dear friend who hails from Greece and she will often have a bowl of steamed dandelion leaves doused with fresh lemon juice and olive oil as a side dish to a meal. It is delicious, so dandelions are precious in my garden. Love your page Ann. :)

Hello Campus Friends.  This is for the Friendship project.  I have used photos of the Australian pink and grey galahs ... and, they are just that ... galahs.  Pretty well stuck with the lesson and I used the kit Cassel gave us the link to.  I did add the doodles under the flower top left and for the butterfly I used Cassel's script Sprayed.  Font used was Fancy12 Becker.  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  ;D

One more for the Friendship project.  I couldn't resist doing something with these little guys ... talk about having a bad hair day!  They are swallows from the Indian sub-continent.  The blurb is on there for you to read.  The little guy in the middle could be saying "OMG! It's the Taliban ... I think they have seen me." LOL!  My own papers except for the glitter which Cassel kindly supplied as a freebie, and all elements courtesy of Cassel's scripts ... just love em.  Font is Gimme Danger!  Thanks for takin a peek my friends.  :D