What are you working on (in June 2020)?

Cassel

Date-06-2020.png

It is a new month and new projects.

Show off what you are working on in June, be it a scrapbook page, a tutorial, or anything else you want.

We are curious and want to see, learn and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them coming!

WELCOME JUNE, THE WEATHER IS GREAT, AND THIS YEAR ALL THE FLOWERS HAVE FANTASTIC BLOOMS.   EVERYONE MADE SOME BEAUTIFUL TAGS IN MAY, LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING WHAT YOU ALL PRODUCE FOR JUNE.

FOUND THIS PICTURE OF OLD GAS PUMPS, PETROL PUMPS AS WE CALL THEM IN ENGLAND. REMINDED ME i HAD SOME OLD ELEMENTS  FROM POPEYE WONG I, A GOOD CHANCE TO REVIVE THEM.

I'll be returning to Maine in 11 days. I'm in close down mode here in Florida and trying to get everything settled before taking off. I'll have to quarantine for two weeks in Maine - so I'll be on the computer a lot when I get there! :) Mostly I can't wait to get home where I can feed the birds!  Instead of a road trip, unfortunately it will be an air trip, but the birds will be worth it.

I found this really cute illustration (don't know the artist) and wanted to use it for my gaming group's daily theme. I just didn't know what to do with it. After playing around for about an hour or so, I came up with this. I used an elliptical selection, inverted it, then promoted the selection to a layer for a frame. Then I applied Brush Strokes from the Art Media Effects to it. I wanted a symmetrical shadow; I tried various drop shadows, cutouts, etc., but I ended up doing four layers with different cutout settings: 5/5, -5/-5, 5/-5, -5/5. I was probably having a brain fart, but if someone could tell me a better way, please share. Oh, and good old Alex Brush font on a path for the titles.

Thanks, Michele. Maine is pretty ... if you know where to look. LOL I had some friends come up to visit last summer and they wanted very specific things to do ... hiking, coastal, rving ... and a lot of atv'ing in the woods. They were in one of those big fancy bus things about two blocks long pulling a trailer with all the atv's, bikes and motorcycles on it. They said they LOVED the state but not the roads and not the distances between things. You just can't please everyone. Can you see driving one of those big buses on dirt road in the woods? Get real. I just laughed, but they were serious??? Down here in my Florida neighborhood, we're not supposed to feed any wildlife as it calls other more seriously dangerous wildlife to eat what you are feeding. So I love to get home where there are no alligators, no poisonous snakes and I can attract my birdies.

I finally completed the layout I have been working for the last weeks to practice the tutorials of the Lab10-Module 05 (Photo Cutout - Triangle Pattern - Uneven Arrows). Sometimes I have problems finding photos I want to use for that particular project, the right papers, colors... I don't give up, just takes looonger :)

I used the template from the Lab10-Module 04 and tweaked a lit bit. The papers I used are from the "SeasideHoliday" mini kit by Kim Broedelet.

I created a Flair Button based on Cassel's tutorial: Creative Scrap>Miscellaneous>Flair Button. Adhesive tape (Triangle Pattern) done with cass-AdhesiveTape script.

Fonts: KG Arrows - BlackJack - Bauhaus Std Medium

Great projects, love the inspiration.  I am sure like all of you we are getting pretty bored.  Our daughter has been with us since April 4th.   We live in rural Alberta so there is not very much to do with the virus.   We only go out for groceries and to a friend's house.   Our daughter is getting very BORED.  I purchased a cute kit and did a page about her boredom!!!  Planted some carrots and now we are busy watching them grow.  We have had a lot of rain here and there is not much outside either.

Very enjoyable class today on templates.  I don't know why everything looks so easy when Carole does it, but I spent a good  hour tonight trying to follow the  first tutorial using a template I had in my stash, but no matter how many times  over and over it didn't work. The first piece of paper did and  that is where it stopped going to plan, so I moved on and picked up the one that Carole chose from the corel selection ( they are pretty miserable with the free ones) and thought I will follow along with her. but it was so easy I just went ahead and everything fell into place.  I even put my twist on things, made a few alterations and added some elements to brighten it up to my liking.  All the flowers are from my garden.  90% of all else was from Scrap twist designer Marnie Jo.

If at first you don't succeed keep trying. " I got it" I used one of the cass templates with a few changes.  Even my journalling with the selection worked. Maybe my brain has been in lockdown.  We moved to level today.

It is always inspiring to see what everyone is doing, sometimes a color palette, choice of elements, different fonts, and so on. Everybody is showing great work here!

Here is what I created to practice the tutorials from the Lab8-M10 (Filled CutoutCrayon RubSplash shape).

When I saw the beautiful layout Sue created using this template from the Lab10-M02, I decided to use it with these photos.

Everything was created by me, except for the Paint element (KAagard “Great Outdoors kit)

Fonts: Areno Rough – Caneletter Script – Mannie – Mist – Monotype Corsiva – Lovely Valentine – Mister Earl