What are you working on (in May 2020)?

Cassel

I found this great photo on Unsplash and it was taken by Ehud Neuhaus.  It is a photo of dwellings in Prinsengracht which, I am assuming, is a suburb of Amsterdam in the Netherlands.  Layout and papers are my own as are the tubes.  I seem to have lost my mojo and am just not terrifically happy with anything I create lately.  I just don't know where it has gone to but I hope I find it soon!  Maybe I am just stuck in a rut ... ;)  Thanks for takin a peek!

I haven't been here for some time, and today I see what the great work that has been posted lately.

Linda and Michele, I love this stained glass technique, the bright colors... You both created lovely images.

Annie, I think you created a beautiful layout. Colors, elements, font... Great work!

Besides participating in the Bootcamp, I haven't done any other project... I need to hurry up ;)

Thanks Michele and Cristina. My problem is that I look at my creations and they are very 'samey'. I need to jump out of my comfort zone but I start a project and get lost for inspiration so I end up doing the same style again! I have not been one for busy pages but maybe I really need to give myself a push. I have joined the photo switch challenge with Bonnie so here's hoping I can create a suitable page for her Penny. You put a smile on my dial Michele and I hear what you are saying ... mojo in self-isolation, lol!

Oh my Lynda ... these are truly gorgeous and so colorful, as stained glass should be of course. I love mandalas and have made some background papers using them as overlays once I have seamlessly tiled them. Your choice of colors is fantastic and I especially love the combinations in the whale. You Go Girl!

Thank you so much Annie. You are a sweetheart. These are a lot of fun to do. A bit time consuming but fun anyway. The whale colors I actually did a google search on whale colors and was surprised to find that all the colors used on this Mandala can be found in the whale family somewhere. Who knew?  :-)

The rabbit reminds my husband of Peter Max who did album covers for Cher, Steppenwolf and many others.  Google him, you'll find some pretty interesting stuff.

Again thanks,

Lynda

Hi Lynda, you are most welcome my friend. I did do a Google search on Peter Max and he certainly is an interesting character and a very bright colors inspired artist. I liked his vase of flowers so I have snagged one and will do a page for the random challenge ... "no photo" ... well it is a painting right! A little bit of a cheat but I think I can get away with it ... I don't think Carole will sack me, ;D

Haven't had much inspiration lately, but most of you know I have to create a new pic daily for my gaming group. This week I had fun with fonts for the Taiwan Festival theme and fun with randomized patterns in effects: reflection for the Let Off Some Steam theme (illustration by Berni Parker).  Click on each image for a full view; it makes a big difference.

I hope you enjoy them.

Hi Annie, love what you did with the photo of Amsterdam.The Prinsengracht isn't a suburb but it is downtown! Amsterdam has a very old city centre with lots of canals, which we call "grachten". You can take boottours on them.

I have been busy with a lot of other things and had this evening finally time to catch up on everybody's work. Amazing things ladies, I enjoyed myself very much.

I used pic-to-painting on this photo and maybe I use it on some project.

I have been  hiding out in the Lab, so not much to post here,  but I so enjoy tippy-toeing  in to see what ya'll have been doing.  Needless to say I am never disappointed with the view in here. :)

Here is a sample of what I have been doing.  Sort of part of my lifetime.

Thank you, Annie. Aren't her illustrations awesome?

Lynda, I'm glad you enjoyed them. FYI, Fabulous Divas is the name of my gaming group for City Girl Life. I inherited it.

That's a beautiful result from pic-to-painting, Corrie. You should definitely use it in a project.

Love your hula hoop page, Dorothy. It brought back wonderful childhood memories.

Hi @ all the creative ladies :-)

playing around with many functions and features and for fun with shapes, text tool and using rulers.

It's always difficult to find a font which is legible when you reduce the pic.

Nice job on the pizza lady Libera. I agree with you regards the fonts. I find it hardest for the journaling to select an appropriate font. I want it to look like handwriting but most of the script fonts are very thin and they do get lost in the downsizing. I do set it on bold but if I have a small space and have to reduce the font size I then tend to duplicate a few times and fiddle with the blend mode to try and darken it. I find that adding a drop shadow, even a tiny one, tends to distort the font and I like crystal clear. One day I will find an appropriate script font and when I do I will let you know! ;D