What are you working on (in May 2020)?

Cassel

Yes!!! I have made it through Basic Scrap Course and this is project number 5. After this I'll try to do something with the Rain. But we have, ironical enough, since the outbreak of Covid-19 the most wonderful spring weather! No snow, like Carole had in her garden, we already had to water the plants a couple of times. Ladies I see some much lovely work!

Lynda, I love your out of bounds pics, all are beautifully executed. While I love the cleanness of Cassel's technique there are some advantages to the other. I guess it all depends on what you are wanting to achieve.

I have Windows10, PSP2020 and PicToPainting plugin. I had a play around with it this morning and once I had remembered how to work it the results were fine. For me, it picks up the active picture which is then displayed on the left of the PtoP screen. I then select which option I would like to preview from the bottom menu and then click on preview. If I like what I am seeing then I click send and close and it changes the active picture in PSP to my selection if I don't like it then while I am in PtoP I hit the reset button and make another selection. I noted that the plugin prefers to be reset during play otherwise it seems to fail! Is this how you are working with your plugin? Just lately my pc has been doing a lot of strange things and I am sure it has a lot to do with Windows 10 updates! Stay safe and well my friend. <3

Lynda, thank you for your comments. First, I did not photograph the Blue Angels. I did see them fly over between hospitals but I d/l the photos from the web. I knew they were doing the flyover but forgot about it until they flew over us. It was a great experience.

I love to photograph the wildlife. I was lucky with the afternoon in the page above. I went out to photograph the Tree of Heaven and on the way saw the deer and the fox. Some of our deer are pretty tolerant of our presence. I have a lens that will zoom to 200 mm. I often use a small point and shoot that has a great zoom but this time I used a digital SLR.

I live in a community where all the lots are 5 acres...really not too far out. Until recently only 9 lots were developed...there are 17 in all...now the vacant lots are being sold and developed. I think our days of lots of wildlife are numbered...makes me sad. There is a 17 acre lot on our road that goes down to the river...it is not in our HOA and is not likely to be developed anytime soon. That should help some to maintain our wildlife for awhile.

I love your out of bounds with the weave photos. I checked out the tutorial/class site you used...looks great but I don't have time to devote to that many lessons and it would not be fair to inconvenience a mentor.

It always makes me happy to see all the beautiful work presented here. Carole, you are a great teacher and your students are very accomplished!

Random Challenge Generator  My First Try

My Challenge:

Paper Pattern: Camouflage

Featured Shape: Heart

Color Combination: Black and White

Embellishment 3: Metallic Element

It was kinda hard when first hit with camouflage and black and white color combo. It took me awhile to figure it out.

I have to admit I did swipe some of my husband's  Army Day stuff.

I hope ya'll like what I ended up with tonight.

Lynda:

RE: Pic to Painting Plugin

I found a fix online that might help you with pic to painting plugin.

1) Place your curser on preview style.  You should see a yellow box appear around it

2) Tab once to reset. You should see a yellow box around it.

3) Tab once to Adjust Strength. You should see a yellow box on the far right edge on it.

4) Tab once to confirm painting.  Hit enter Only  and wait for the render to appear.

I tried this myself  using the Tokyo selection and it works fine for me now.  Good luck with yours. :)

Dear Lynda, it is too bad. Soooooo frustrating when something works one day, you shut down for the night, re-open and ... no go! Seems to happen a lot these days. If things are the same for you as for me just wait a week or two and it should be working again. Sure keeps us on our toes anyway as we are always having to reinvent, lol! <3

The game I play gave us a theme today that we've had several times before. I had absolutely no fresh idea of what to do for the daily pic. With all this talk about Pic to Painting, though, an idea appeared. I used one of my screenshots of the game and ran it through PTP using various different settings. Used a brick texture on the wall of the "art gallery" and added a floor I had created a while back. Then I added shots of my avatar in various different outfits and turned them into art aficionados.

Love all the pics you've all been posting. It's certainly a good way to keep busy while we're home isolating. Hope all are well; stay safe.

Hi Lyn are you having difficulties with PTP, reading Dorothy's mine seems to be a bit different, so here is mine

open picture in PSP

select PTP from effects- plugins

when open your pic will be on the screen in PTP

sekect the type of effect you want from the pictures along the bottom , just klk one

that selection should now be in the little box at the top right, if not klk you selection again

now wait till your picture changes

if you dont like the effect you can either slide the adjustment  or if really dont like it klk reset and your pic will go back to normal and you can re chose another selection along the bottom to try.

when you have the one you like klk send and wait till it appears back on your psp screen

hope this worksave to finish

Dear Lynda, do not feel thwarted. I promise you that one day you will turn on your pc and ... voila! ... your Pic to Painting will be working a treat. Computers have a quirky nature and prone to doing things like that. I'll be thinking of you my friend! <3

What a surprise, I didn't expect, when mentioning that I re-discovered PtP in one of the last Campus updates, so many reactions and results. Fantastic.

Most of the time I work with PSP 2019 but just tried it with 2018. I observed that the whole action took less time, especially "save and finish" was quicker than in 2019.  I guess the newer versions got more "specials" and filters, may be that' s why some need to be fixed by Corel. In every new version, no matter the software, there is always something better and worse.

I used the style watercolor for the egg I placed for easter.