Love Story Challenge 2020

Cassel

Cassel, thank you for the information on kearning/leading. Although there is not much text in this project, I used it as an opportunity to explore that further - this time with a little more patience.

I always learn a great deal from your tutorials, but I am also learning from the works posted by others.

The picture is of my dog, Lynda. She is 12, deaf with failing eyesight and arthritis. She never misses a meal or an opportunity to give kisses.

My Day 5.  I used brushes to make the mask for the center image, which is Hank standing in the pond. I decided to make a round frame around it using the circle option of the ellipse preset shape. Then I duplicated it and adjusted the size of the duplicate so that I ended up with two nested frames. For the other images, I used Lismibaebi’s lbm15 mask.  The rope is a tube I made from a photo I took of Hank’s rope, one of many that we made for him to play with. The background was done by applying Mura’s Meister Cloud plugin followed by a gaussian blur.  The font is Bell MT.

Fun to learn stuff while I am hiding out from the snow down here in Florida. I found this one a little easier - getting to utilize what was day 4 - plus additions. I can plainly tell I am going to have to buy a few scrap sets to get up and going with embellishments, etc. Is there a secret to great clarity with resizing down to 600? If so, I need to know it. LOL

Day 5 of the Challenge.  Here it is Carole!  Your ribbon,  dangled over the frame,  tilting the frame.  Just as I had imagined.   I featured one of  the many Great Horned Owls that  call Saskatchewan home  all year round.  I used a feather brush on the bottom photo, and a  round brush on the enlarged face  of the owl.  There's a tutorial  for the text circle in the lab.  I don't refer to it any more as I love  creating them.  Same goes for the word sticker.  A little bit of trivia for you.  To wit!  To woo!  dates back to Shakespeare's play  Love's Labours Lost, in the 1590s.   And of course I'm sure everyone had heard the  'A wise old owl' nursery rhyme.

I thank all of you for your very kind comments on my projects, it's always much appreciated.  When I create anything for anyone, they always like what I've done, but have no idea of  the work that is involved, or the hours over time of learning  the program to utilize  what it is capable of doing.   I've thoroughly enjoyed scrolling through the pages each day, viewing  beautifully created projects.  Each and every one is unique.  Congratulations to the newbies that have persevered.

Here's another one for day 5 of the challenge.  In this one I  used  the round brush to create the main mask. I chose a  brush, using the vector paint script I created a  decorative circle.  With the decorative circle white and the background black, I created a mask.  Using a duplicate photo of the  sparrow, I used the mask.  Merged the group, and  copied and paste it  to the  masked sparrow.  Copy merged to the  new page.  This is my way of  doing it,  perhaps Carole has an easier better way.  I can't go through a whole challenge without using, at least once,  Cassel's corner punches.  Text on a curve.

It is a joy to come here and see all the beautiful and lovely work posted here! Different techniques, styles, lots of details, it is an inspiration for me.

Thank you, Carole, Annie, and Shutterpixi for your comments! <3

Carole, this is a Snow Edge Frame, and it is a freebie from Palvinka's "Winter Beauty" kit.

Day 5

Credits: Background paper "PBS-Escale Amoureuse-Clin doeil - PP2" - Painted Love Heart "Palvinka" - Tag with String "Janet Scott-Pixel Scrapper" - Sun6 clipart "Corel".

I did the "Beach-Family-Fun" Word Sticker following the Lab9-Module 5 tutorial and the kaleidoscope background

Day 5 : no stars used in the masker layer.

The star is another granddaughter.

I have used masker-layers put some layers together, again new masker-layers and so on.

Sue: your beautifull work with the owls ...

Learning PSP (or other programs) for beginners we have a saying:

Iedere wijze uil was ooit een uilskuiken!

Each wise owl was in the beginning a ??? 

Others: thanks for sharing the name of the fonts. Realy like the handwriting fonts like 'Sophistica'

Cristina,  I love  what you did with the background papers,  and the word sticker is awesome!   Carole has a quite a selection of  text tutorial, and I love them all.

Lydia, thank you!   You have created a  beautiful page to showcase your granddaughter. The wise owl appears to be renowned around the world. :-)  What a lovely saying.  Owls are one of my favourite birds.  I love observing and photographing them, and  searching  under trees that I know they have roosted in, in search of their regurgitated pellets.  To see what they have been dining on.

I still have not figured out how to use two masks on the same image yet background is made from one of my kalidiscope-mandala overlain on a more abstract pattern made from the same image, the dragon was an old mask I had but I ended up pasting a glitter paper into the selected image rather than using it as a mask,. the mask I made with a brush of a semi abstract rose/cloud I had made and used the same brush for the  cloud "frame" grandson with me in the photo he is 11 now and going on TALL.

I ran out of creative steam working on this one. It's not what I had in mind but I'm really not sure what I did have in mind.

I worked with the kaleidoscope function which was interesting. I look forward to exploring that a bit more.

These are my great-nephews from 2016. The moment of tranquility lasted a nanosecond.

It always reminds me of Debussy's "Reflets dans l'eau." As a pianist who spent a great deal of time studying his work and this piece is special to me.