October TUT/TECH challenge - TRIPLE FRAME

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Tut-Tech-Challenge.jpg

The Campus is the perfect place to learn more about photo editing, various techniques, or PSP in general.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to practice some of those techniques or use some tools.

This month's Tut/Tech Challenge is to create a triple frame inspired by a tutorial written by Sue Thomas, one of our members. As she explored the tools and functions of PSP, she created a fun display for her sunset. Of course, you can use any other photo and you can also tweak the end result to suit your own taste.

HERE is a copy of Sue's tutorial.

hello Annie, great result on the frames! love the layout you have done... did you create the flowers?..

Thank you Sue!... the photo was taken by my in-laws when they had a holiday and they were kind enough to give me some photos of their travels.

Dawn.

DawnAnnie, you both did wonderful pages using this technique.

I worked on (and hopefully improved upon) my original version of this pic that I posted in the Sunset Challenge thread. Wish I had straightened out the horizon before I made the frames, but this is a lesson I plan on remembering. Thanks again, Sue for sharing this with us.

Thank you Dawn for your lovely comment, always appreciated my friend. The flowers I did create but not in their entirety, :) I have many lovely wallpaper paintings that I have collected over the years and by using the Plugin "Transparency" and the option to eliminate white I am able to create these types of flowers. The plugin eliminates all white in the painting and leaves behind the black and color outlines with a transparent background. The plugin is a freebie from this link - https://pspgroep.seniorennet.be/filterpagina.htm

Just scroll down the page to the letter T and it is under Transparency Eliminate Black. Click on it and it downloads as a zip file ready to install into PSP.

Thank you Michele, I always appreciate your comment my friend. I don't think you are having a problem with the triple frame tutorial. The problem is with the photos you are using. They are beautiful but they do not have the horizon in the center of the photo. Cut off the top piece of the photo so that the horizon is in the center then it will just fall into place ... I promise! I kept thinking I was goofing up and then bingo it hit me ... the horizon has to be in the center of the photo ... duh! I do eventually wake up you know, LOL! It is still a beautiful result without a centered horizon, just a little different. ;D

Thank you Annie for your kind comment on my effort for this challenge..  I really like this technique.

Thank you also for the link to the plugin... i downloaded it... however it does not give the same effect as you were able to achieve.. it did leave the background a bit transparent but that's all.... but that's OK as some plugins don 't always work properly on some computers i have had that happen before... i have plenty more plugins that have been neglected for a while so over time i must have more play with them as sometimes you never know what the result will be like.

your 2 projects above are really lovely... the photos ,elements and layout all combine to make a very pleasing results.

well done  Annie!

best wishes,

Dawn

Your project is lovely, Jnet. The picture of that field is beautiful and the background paper you picked really complements the entire project.

Thanks for the advice, Annie. I realized that before I posted this latest version. I just didn't want to lose the sky. Instead of cropping to put the horizon at the midpoint, I moved down the smaller layers to line up with the horizon.  I think if I had used the straighten tool before I starting creating the new layers, it would have worked better. Your new projects look great. Even though the horizons don't line up on Migration, it's still beautiful. I think we can use this technique in many different ways and still get great results.

Thank you Dawn, Cristina, and Jnet for your lovely words. (I hope I didn't skip anyone.)

For some reason I haven't been receiving my usual email notifications even though I'm subscribed to everything and I check the "Notify me of follow-up replies via email" box. That means I have to rely on my memory to come here and check the current threads. Unfortunately, my memory is not the most reliable source. LOL