May TUT/TECH Challenge - Colorize it

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Tut-Tech-Challenge.jpg

The Campus is the perfect place to learn more about photo editing, various techniques, or PSP in general.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to practice some of those techniques or use some tools.

This month's Tut/Tech Challenge is to colorize lace that is otherwise greyscaled (if you already have images of colored lace, you can turn it to greyscale with the Colorize command and reducing the saturation to 0).

HERE is a tutorial to colorize lace. And you can get some laces HERE .

Tell us what technique you used and try to incorporate that new lace in a completed project.

I used the technique to color one of the crochet tubes to match a paper I created with the Plaid 3 script.  After coloring the crochet tube, I created a frame using the Mitered Corners script.  Added a baby photo and clip art from Freepik.com.

Thanks, Cassel for your tips on coloring white lace.  This is my result from your first email (adjust brightness/contrast).  I didn’t use adjust hue/saturation/colorize but instead, I used adjust color/manual color correction which is my favorite way to change color.  Thanks for takin a peek.

This was fun! My layers are as follows:

Adjust: Hue & Saturation: Colorize

Adjust: Hue & Saturation: Hue/Saturation/Lightness

Lock, Paint, Color Blend

Lock, Paint Gradient, Color Blend

Adjust: Color: Manual Color Correction

Annie, I found the Manual Color Correction and added it to my commands. Thanks for introducing it to me. I think my colorizing is going to be a lot easier now.

~ Michele

Annie and Michele, great examples of colorizing, and it is amazing how many options there are.

I also have to try the color correction. I think I only did once after watching Carole's webinar... I forgot the name but it had something to do with winter... I think she used it changing the color of snow... It was very interesting.

There are so many techniques to try and practice!! :)

Thanks, Annie. I definitely had fun.

Thank you, Cristina. In order to find the Manual Color Correction, right click on your toolbars, choose Customize: Commands: then Unused Commands or All Commands. There are so many unused commands that it would take me years to try them all out.

~ Michele