DIAMOND Scrap Challenge - April 2019

Cassel

I finished late last night. I was having difficulty getting the patterns pallet to open. Somehow I managed to wipe out the settings in my program as it froze and had to reset PSP from scratch. It is up and working now. Is there a short cut key to access the patters pallet? I click on the right box in the materials pallet but it takes quite a few tries to get it to open.

Day 1 - Went with a dotted line (was inspired by Sharon Murray's) and drew 2 different lines (each on a separate vector layer), then duplicated each, mirrored and placed them together like I wanted.  I wanted a subtle result, so I didn't increase the width, and I changed the pattern color to white via the Adjust - Brightness and Contrast (it may be difficult to see in this small upload, but it looks fine in the large image).

Day 2 - For the frame, I used a wood I already had.   Not rustic, but the exercise gave me the information I need to be able to do this with any wood.  As others have mentioned, it's great seeing all the different patterns and ideas that everyone is coming up with!

Hello All.  I see some great designs.  I am having a toothache so have not been much in the mood but I do want to try to finish all the days.  I am not real pleased with my paper design but I did try.  2019 psp is frustrating and slow.  Never have had a problem in the past and I am working on a computer with more ram and faster processor than I have ever used.  I am about ready to go back to 2018.

This is my day 1 and 2

My Day 2, same image and background but with wooden frame. A trick I have learnt is when you have made a selection, copied and pasted as a new image, if you right click on the source image you are using you can drag the already selected rectangle/square to a new location, copy and paste as a new layer to get a different bit. Saves having to work sizes out as all pieces will all be the same size.  Love making elements. TFL

Sheila x

Everyone's designs look fantastic! I am so glad we had this challenge. I've definitely picked up lots of useful information. The frame I made looks really rustic but I think it will work great for my country style background. I am so ready for the blooming flowers!

Am amazed at all the different contributions from people - congratulation all.

After news today about Notre Dame decided to change completely to make it my subject so am behind.

Have done the frame but struggling to do new pattern - want to do tear drops using pen tool but it is tricky.

Cassell you were right with previous one had tried various sizes but forgot to make seamless.  It is 5 years since have done pattern etc but used to love it so that is why am trying now.    It know the paper is no good but just wanted to show am trying to do lessons.   Thanks

Wow what a lot of lovely pages, so many different patterns that can be made from just a few lines. Marie, your photo of Notre Dame is heartstopping, so much history being destroyed in a matter of hours. Let's hope some of the building can be salvaged.

I tried a few different things, including using bezier curves instead of straight lines, and am happy with the end result. I chose a photo of the Banjo Paterson statue outside the Waltzing Matilda Centre in Winton, QLD, which has just re-opened after being burnt down. I'm hoping to be able to use other references to the song in coming days.

The frame was made from a wood texture I had and I then adjusted the brightness to suit the photo and background. I have been a Diamond Member since before it even existed (!) but have not done much lately with the tutorials, this challenge is making me revisit all them.