What are you working on (in March 2019)?

Cassel

Annie, thanks so much for your kind words and  am hoping my relative will like it also when she receives it in November.

shutterpixi, thanks so much for your kind comment ..  really enjoyed doing the butterfly card.. I like to make cards for sending in my emails to friends and family...hopefully to put a bright spot in their day.

Cristina,  Thank you .. always appreciate your kind comments on my cards.. it is so easy to forget about all the templates we have from past challenges or from the lab  that I decided to put them all into a special PSP folder to remind me about them  when  having  trouble getting started on a project... they come in very handy.

as always best wishes to you all,

Dawn.

This is a layout I started some time ago and never finished... I had the photos and some ideas on how I wanted to be, but as I was working with it, I changed everything... not unusual :)

Papers are freebies from RkSk (Robin Acker) "Wild Side" - Pixel Scrapper Blog Train Feb 2019.

I used Cassel's free Polaroid Script for the photos and create the two elements following the tutorial from the Basic Scrap Course-Day 5.

For the title, I created in white and then Effects>Texture Effects>Sculpture>Wood Texture

Fonts: Areno Serif and Amienne.

hello Cristina... it looks like you both enjoyed your day..... the sculpture wood texture on your title looks great and  the Polaroid script on the photos presents them so nicely.... you have created a lovely happy page.

best wishes,

Dawn.

Wonderful page, Cristina. The embellishments really complement the photos. Looks like a fun time was had by all! And I'm glad you liked mine. :)

Thank you, Stampiljke. Orchids are such glorious flowers. I just wish they were from my garden.

~ Michele

Michele, thank you so much for your kind comment. <3

Creating layouts for me is like you choosing the pictures, sometimes they come easily and other times is a struggle... also depends on how inspired (or not) I am... For this simple layout, I tried so many different papers, moved the photos around and created dozens of the circle element with different colors and papers, until I had something that pleased me... But it is fun no matter what... I don't like everything that I do but I see it as a learning process.

I hear you, Cristina. You pick a paper or two, a few embellishments, then the layout seems to take on a life of it's own. I usually end up with a lot of layers before I decide which elements I'm going to keep. Then I start deleting.

Today I wanted to make something for a friend of mine and I ended up using papers and elements from several different designers: Marisa Levin and Sheila Reid at Pixel Scrapper, and Marina at Magical Scaps Galore. I used Cassel's Lace 1 script to create the ribbons and the font is Phylactere.

Just realized I forgot the shadows on all but one element. I tried it out on that one and I was planning on finishing it after I had finalized the design. Oh, well, there's always tonight. :)

~ Michele

When I started this layout, my idea was to practice the tutorials from the Lab9-M03 (Dotted Swirls/Watercolor/Multi Photo template)... First I did the template (also copy some ideas from cass-Multiphoto-Frame2-12photos freebie).

But having a second look at the photos, I decided to use the tutorials from the Lab6-M05 (Cartoon Words/Burst Shape/Half-tone Pattern).

For the clipart of the girl superhero (dumielauxepices.net) I decided to use the technique that was taught on the Pop-Up Master Class... I love this webinar... The same technique I used for the title.

I used cass-KidnapAlpha-sample in the title. The black paper is from BellaGypsy-soulsisters_solid1.

The ideas for the title and phrases are from the Inspiration Layout of the Lab6-M05.