Love Story Challenge 2019

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/LoveStory-600.jpg

Our newest challenge will soon start. Are you in?

Who will be your "loved one" that will be featured in your Love story pages?

The official registration will open on February 2nd and the challenge itself will start on February 10th, so there is plenty of time for you to find your photos and invite friends to join.

And this challenge will be FREE for everyone, so spread the word.

Did you find this thread before the registration page? Here it is.

What a wonderful challenge! I'm so looking forward to it, can't wait to see what everyone makes. Carole, I love the way you teach, also reminding us of the power of PSP and jogging our memories of tools we haven't use for a long time. Thank you! Hugs, Arlien from Idaho

Hi fellow scrapbookers,

I find these camps a good way to learn to better use Paintshop Pro and to make images more attractive. I got some wonderful ideas from the participants at the  bootcamp in January.

I'm not really a scrap booking person but I do make a lot of digital slideshows, so I tend to use a 16 by 9 background layout so it fits better on a TV or projector. When you see that my contributions are not square, you will know why. Does anyone use that format?

Art

I did the Love Story Challenge last year.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I did learn a lot.  I registered again this year.  I no longer need to refer to the tutorials, as I use, and create masks all the time in my projects.   My love for everything in nature is  immeasurable. At every opportunity  I take to the outdoors with my camera. Even when the temps  here have been colder  than in Siberia.  Saskatoon broke all records for being cold  for 112 years. -43c with wind chills  of 52 below.  Saskatchewan, Canada, was the coldest place on this planet on the  day I took these two photos.  Robins usually migrate south, but  a few do stay.  I don't think this chap will hang around next autumn, I'm sure he'll  migrate to warmer climes. I hope the newbies will enjoy and learn from the Love story challenge as much as I did last year.

Hi everyone. Not real sure how everything works here. Do you resize to a smaller size that 3500x3500 to post work on this forum? I have a couple of pieces that I have been working on. Not sure if this is where to post our work or another section of the forums.

I did  this one this afternoon. It's amazing to me that I needed to use the instructions so often even though I is PSP a LOT and I have since 2009! I am enjoying going back over these skills to hone up a bit.

I used every from the files that Carole had us download. The one I chose was the Escale Amoureuse Alinamaria.

Tucker is my 2nd great grand child.

Hi--I have so much to learn, but I love digital scrapbooking. I don't have to go to the store to buy albums, papers and embellishments (or stop working on a project when I run out of something because stores are closed), I don't need extra space in my house to store everything and, best of all, there's no mess to clean up when I'm finished!

The first thing I learned today was that psd files will open in PaintShopPro.  That's good to know.  I was also able to follow the directions to make a mask.  I really don't understand layers all that well so, while I was able to make the mask, the whole process seems kind of magical to me. I know how to open and delete layers, and rotate and flip objects and that's about it.

For this project, I flipped the mask layer and moved it to the bottom left.  I also deleted some layers:  both small picture openings, the word art, and the flower doodle.  I don't know how to add or change papers when using a template, so I used the color changer tool to make the background a soft blue. The heart balloons (Janet Scott) and heart scatter Sheila Reid) are from PixelScrapper.com (I changed the color of the balloons).  The One Stroke Script LET script got some depth with the bevel style in the layer properties.

@Barbara, we don't have direct comment functionalities, but you can do like I did, and put @ and the person's name. Typically, people will subscribe to the thread and will get a notification whenever someone else posts so they might see that and realize it is for them.

Sue, I love your deer and robin page.  I've always been intimidated by masks, and hope this challenge helps me get over that.  I probably will have to follow the instructions a few more times before it becomes second nature for me like it is for you.

Dee, like you I at first resized my photo to fit inside the frame exactly but after studying Carole's example page I eventually expanded it somewhat to take more advantage of the mask.  I didn't make my photo fill the mask full-size though, as I couldn't get both people composed inside the frame the way I wanted to.

As Barbara said, I don't fully grasp the concept of masks yet, but I can follow step-by-step directions. I removed the flower doodle and replaced it with a wire heart from Pixel Scrapper (by Jessica Dunn), and added scattered pearls (by Sheila Reid, also at Pixel Scrapper). I layered a dried flower paper and a solid color selected from the flowers on the cake (at a reduced transparency). I do have a title as well, but I've hidden that layer in the version I'm posting here, just for the sake of privacy.

This is the third Challenge I've followed since last fall, and I am learning something new every day. Thank you, Carole, for creating this learning format; it fits my learning style perfectly.