Scrap Bootcamp - January 2019

Cassel

Here's my day 4.  I started it last night.  I have snowshoe hares here, but rarely see them during the day, they come out at night to graze.  They don't build burrows, but  hide themselves in the deep snow.  The one is  enjoying the heat of the sun, on it's body, on an otherwise brutally cold day.   I didn't use a kit.  I choose colours from the photos  for my layouts. The snowflakes are picture tubes, and  used a gradient for the ribbons, with a fine texture.  Bokeh  and a gradient for the  background paper. The snowflake paper I found online some time ago.  For the text I used the sculpture texture with a small inner bevel.

Here is my second project for the scrapbook workshop.  I remembered on this one to add the drop shadow to the Title but did not do that on my first project.  I opened papers that I already had and did not use a kit.  I recolored two of the papers to better go with the colors in my pictures.  I use the "change color" a lot in my scrapping.  Because I wanted to use 3 photos I did not add any elements.  The page with the title, 2 color strips, and notations pretty much filled the page.  I do have elements of flyfishing nets and rods, etc., but they did not fit well on this page.  Thanks for these "homework" assignments.  I always remember new things better if I actually use them quickly, as in the free rotate of the small text.

Day 3

First of all, Nana Ray, I love your title "Dream a Little Dream"! Also, Alicia, I hope you enjoyed your trip to New Orleans. We also went and spent a few days there with my godchild from New Mexico this summer.

I'm late posting as I was on MeMe duty yesterday. A 2 1/2 year old sure can take it out of an old lady.

When I saw the owl in the kit it reminded me of pictures I took of the babies at our property in 2006. The mother came there for many years and used my husband's deer stand as a nursery. They weren't too pleased with my camera but I tried not to disturb them. I just wanted to document their growth. As you can see, they sure could make a mess.

Day 3. Image of Bluebells in the woods near to my home. They come out in the month of April as a rule and only last a short time so we have to be alert and get our timing right if we want to see them at their peak. Wondrous to see swathes of cobalt blue covering the woodland floor. Apart from the Font Bastion, no outside supplies used.

My day three Project.

I took a little more dropshadow for  the butterflies and the branch, because I thought, they are a little bit floating. I don't know if it is right.

The picture and the horses are my own and the elements and papers are from "JoCeeDesigns - Falling Into Autumn Kit"

@Debra, did you use the shadows on a separate layer? If so, you can just hide that shadow. If not, did you happen to keep a copy of text layer before converting it to a Raster to add the shadow? If so, you can hide the Raster layer and keep the Vector layer. If not, it might be tricky to remove the shadow. Not impossible, but not the simplest:

on the full-size layout, activate the Magic Wand

set it for Opacity mode and a tolerance high enough (like maybe 50 to try)

click on the empty space around the text: if the Tolerance setting is correct (you might need to adjust it), everything, including the shadow could be selected, then you can hit the Delete key to remove it.

The main drawback is that the text that is left MIGHT be a bit jaggied. But it is worth a try.

I have a question.  When I use the pick tool is there a way to lock the Scale setting under mode?  I seem to jump from scale to the perspective mode often when I am working.   I rarely ever use the perspective mode, so I would like to hide or lock it if possible, so only scale is set as the mode.

Day 4 = I really enjoyed making this page, it is of my youngest Granddaughter with her fur baby. The papers I used are from the kit "12 Months January" from Sweet Shoppe Designs.

I wanted to do a 'Travel Memories' theme, but the difficulty I had was finding interesting extras to add to the photo. Fortunately, I found a few with transparent backgrounds on Pinterest. I'll try again on the next project. Some of the already posted pages are a good inspiration to try other things.

Here's my second full project. As you can tell, I'm scrapping my visit to New Orleans with my husband last spring. For this challenge, I used a free kit I downloaded from the Scrappin Your Heart Out blog train, called "I Could Have Scrapped All Night" by Tammy Schockley of Songbird Scraps Designs https://songbirdscrapsdesigns.blogspot.com/, along with a background paper from 25NOJ-Lamb of God_D4ED (solid 4), found at  https://dreamn4everdesigns.blogspot.com.

Here is my day 4 project.  This is my Grand daughters enjoying a day at the lake.  The page is from supplies I made myself and things I found in my files from here and there.

As a long time user of PSP I have had the chance to see a lot of tutorials over the years.  Most that are advertised for beginners would leave many very frustrated.  I am so impressed with Carole's ability to create tutorials that not only teach about making digital scrap pages, but are also the very best lessons I have ever seen to teach one how to use the program in a very simple and understandable way.

As a long time user of PSP I have had the chance to see a lot of tutorials over the years.  Most that are advertised for beginners would leave many very frustrated.  I am so impressed with Carole’s ability to create tutorials that not only teach about making digital scrap pages, but are also the very best lessons I have ever seen to teach one how to use the program in a very simple and understandable way.

Thanks a lot! I do hope our newcomers feel the same as that is really my goal: get everyone to discover digital scrapbooking without being overwhelmed by the program.