September Number Challenge

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Number-Challenge.jpg

Let's make this a bit challenging. This time, I will provide you with a number, and you have to find a way to include that number of SIMILAR elements in your project. It could be X number of photos, X number of flowers, X number of buttons, etc.

In September, the number is 20. Can you incorporate 20 similar elements on your project?

Post your result, and tell us what element has been used X times (in case we don't see it!). You can also share about the ideas you had, the struggles you faced, and the solutions you found. Everyone gets inspired by that shared information.

Are you up to the challenge? Post your projects in this thread or, if you want, our PSP Scrapbook Showcase pinboard on Pinterest is always there to showcase what is being shared in the Campus (if you need an invite, let me know). Or you can post it in our Facebook group.

The element I used  was  the Flair button, I don't have the script if there is one. I made them all myself.  I found some photos were  better suited for the Flair button than others. The flowers in the corners were my own, which I extracted from photos.  The only  problem I had, if you can call it an issue, was spacing the  buttons  evenly apart from each other.

Thank you all for your very kind comments.  Once I had decided on an element to use multiple times, the rest fell into place, right down to  choosing which background photo to use and  text layout.  Quite often I find it easier to start with one thing, and build around it. A tip I taught myself last night,  (which I will share with you) as I wanted to replace the  birds with all insects, as I'm a member of a macro photo club. I saved  all of the buttons in PSP format. Rather than make the buttons from scratch. Using the same sizes, I added a new selected photo to  one, placing the new photo above the original photo and below the coutouts. Marvelous, I didn't have to recreate the cutouts all over again.  I hope I've motived some of you to take part in the challenge.

This is my contribution to this challenge. I added 20 adhesive tapes, which I made using Cassel's Adhesive Tape Script.

In order to have different papers, I watched a few of Cassel's tutorials...

Plaid Pattern; Denim Texture; Grungy Texture and Textured Overlay.

I also used some papers from Sherwood "Season Change" freebies.

The title was done using Cassel's StitchEdges2 Script.

Today I learned a lot :)

Susan, thank you for commenting on my page!

I made the plaid pattern following Cassel's tutorial... First I chose the colors, created a file and named color palette... From it, I made the plaid paper... Some of the colors I took from the photo and others from the internet (autumn colors).

Here is the color palette image

Christina, I love what you did adding all the papers.  Thank you for the color code!  I made mine with a bunch of pictures of my grandson Danny.  As you know, he is 11 now and not into having his picture taken.  But, I miss the little man he was.  Of course, I can't tell him that.  I don't want him to feel bad about growing up.  He is growing into an awesome young man.  Very polite and thoughtful.  The poem in my page I wrote for him when he was around 2 months old.  I was rocking him and it just came to me and I had to write it down.  I hope you enjoy it.  This was a tough challenge for me especially since I only see out of one eye.  I use the guides and do the best I can to get them even.  I made one photo the size I needed.  Then I selected it, added a layer and pasted the next picture into the selection.  I de-selected and moved the top picture to where I wanted it and repeated the process till I got all my pictures loaded.  I then used Cassel's script to add borders to each one.  I gave them all a double drop shadow so they would show up better on the dark paper.  I'll add the bigger picture to Facebook so you can see it better.

Hugs,

DeLoris

Hi everyone! I had just finished lab 5- mod 12 about gears. Then I saw the 20 Challenge and thought 20 gears and from that thought steampunk. The photos are from CCFlickr under the attribution license, so there is no copyright issue. I made the gears, the eyelets (from another lab- lab5 mod9?), the two papers from lab6-mod1 Cathedral Window Pattern, and the fonts were Eagle Lake and Penguin Attack.

There are 3 gears in the upper left hand corner, but they are very hard to see. They did look good until I started fiddling around with other things and by the time I noticed, I had already merged several layers etc, etc, etc. It is what it is. I remembered to start out at 3600 and reduce to 600 for posting. I did forget to leave any space on the left hand side for printing. No harm this time, as this is my first attempt at this and I'm not going to print it, hehehehe.  When I use my own photos (got to remember to take a camera with me when I leave the house) I'll get down to journaling my pages.   Thanks for looking.