What are you working on (in August)?

Cassel

Show off what you are working on in August, be it a scrapbook page, a tutorial, or anything else you want

We are curious and want to see, learn and get inspired.

These threads are quickly becoming a fantastic source of inspiration, support, and friendship. Keep them com

Hello everyone!... I made another couple of cards over the last few of days and thought I would post one... I love doing vintage style and I hope this one gives that effect. The torn paper in the background was created with a free mask that I got ages ago with a tutorial... The Fan and Roses as well as the centre bow and ribbon were made with purchased scripts from Joannes Digital Design.....  the vintage lady is a freebie at Graphic Fairy...The swirl embossed overlay I made with a brush and Cassel's Emboss Script and put in Overlay mode to give this effect... I came across this quote by Helen Keller and I liked it so used it on this card... I enjoy making cheer cards to send to friends and family.. this one is going via email.

Dawn

In another group I'm in the subject came up about past memories.  I remembered the time my girls went and picked blackberries and wanted me to make them a cobbler.  They just had a handful, so the cobbler was really small, but they loved eating something I made that they gathered.  So, I thought I would make a page for my yearly book recalling that memory.  It's sad, I don't have pictures of that, but they will remember anytime they see this.

I used Farm Fresh Breakfast Collection For Snickerdoodles Designs by Karen to make it.

Hugs,

DeLoris

From Lab 6 Module 1 with the template that was provided. I've been working on it for several days now a few hours at a time. You all know I'm not a scrapbooker, but I think you may be turning me into one. :)

I made the middle paper using the Cathedral Window pattern in this module. The other two papers are from Eyeinspire as are the flowers and the button. The ribbon is one of Marisa Lerin's from PixelScrapper; I just had to change the color. A watercolor brush let me add a splash of pink underneath the other elements. I made the wooden frames as taught in this mod, too.

Thanks for any helpful hints, ladies.

~Michele

DeLoris, Lovely memory and the layout is soooo cute! Great job!

Michele, this is also a cute layout! I love the colors, the paper you made together with the ones from Eyeinspire... And judging by the layouts you post here and on FB, you are already a scrapbooker!! Great work!

Michele, a really lovely page and I love your colour theme. that watercolour brush effect and your frames look great.

Annie, Thank you for your comment on my card I do appreciate it.

DeLoris , very nice pages and your Heidi images look great in the weave effect.

best wishes to you all,

Dawn.

This is the layout I have been working for a long while... I started it a long time ago, then stopped, and when I decided to finish it, I didn't like what I had made... So I started all over again, added a few more photos, practice more tutorials etc. To get out of my comfort zone, I used a black background (SheilaReid_Spookalicious_paper_blackwood) and patterned papers (Harperfinch_hfinch_november2remember). I  also used "CreativeMarket-LABF Creations-Watercolor Floral"

These photos are part from a Forest Educational Trail and part from a waterfall we went to last year. As a base, I started with Scrapping with Liz "Photo Mat Full Template"...My goal when doing the layouts is most of the time to practice techniques, tutorials.... and this time was no different. So...

Cassel's tutorials: Flair Button, Licence Plate,  Admission Ticket and Button (2)... I also used the Perspective Correction.

Finally finished! I can move on :)