April Tut/Tech challenge - Preset

Cassel

https://scrapbookcampus.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Tut-Tech-Challenge.jpg

The Campus is the perfect place to learn more about photo editing, various techniques, or PSP in general.

This challenge will give you an opportunity to practice some of those techniques or use some tools.

This month's Tut/Tech Challenge is to create your own Preset Shape. I know, you can now convert the Photoshop shapes to be used in PSP, but let's practice creating your own. What will it be? Take an image, and trace it with the vector tools and export it to be reused in your program.

HERE is a tutorial to help you out.

And why not use that shape into a project too?

I haven't been as creative as Wanda (Sue) as I'm not very good at that sort of thing. I did try something different though - I had a leaf in an .eps format so I used Convertio to convert it to a .wmf file which opens in PSP as a vector shape. I then changed each layer to Stroke and No Fill, which gave me the black outline. From there I followed the tutorial to make the Preset Shape. The two pictures are of the original image and the Preset Shape in outline and with a green fill.

Hi Marlene...  a nice little leaf shape and what a great idea you had of using .wmf images in PSP ... I hadn't thought of that.  I have a collection of this type of file so I might try and make some preset shapes from  some of them..... thanks for the idea.

Dawn.

Wanda (Sue), the only giggling is from me because it's so darn cute! (Do we call you Wanda, Sue, or Wanda Sue?)

Marlene, what a great idea. I also have a bunch of .eps files I've never used. I'll have to give that a try.

Now, you must understand that I cannot draw a thing with paper and pencil except for stick figures and even those are a bit iffy. I found a How to Draw a Bear pic on Pinterest. I used the ellipse tool for the majority of it and the pen tool for the mouth. (Is there a way to make a semicircle vector? The mouth took me forever.) I also discovered, after working to get different widths on some of the shapes, that once I exported it, all the lines were the same width. LOL Best lessons learned are when I screw up. :p

~ Michele

Thank you Michele.  Most of my friends call me Sue but since we have another Sue, Wanda or Wanda Sue is fine.

Your bear is adorable.  I love drawing bears.  I guess it is cheating a bit but I use ellipse with black foreground only  for the mouth and cut off what I need after I rasterize it.    I do that on a different vector and just add it to the preset shape when I use it on a project.  The short line is probably easy to curve with the nodes but I  find it faster to add it later.  I have not spent much time trying to manipulate those nodes until this challenge.

I have had a play and used a photo of mine to make into a line drawing with the pen tool. It took a while to get it to save properly as a PSP Shape but eventually I got it and it saved. I then coloured it in, tried to give it some texture and shading. I made the water background by using a gradient fill and then used a plugin by Flaming Pear, Flood 2 to make it look like water. I need to practice more with the shading but i am no artist so overal I was pleased with the end result. TFL.

Sheila x

Sheila.. you did  real nice work creating a line drawing from your photo... a lovely  swan shape to have in your collection... the coloured version with the water effect turned out great.

Michele... I think your bear shape also looks very cute.

well done to you both.

Dawn.

Thanks, Wanda. Believe me, the smile was not easy for me to do. I'm too much of a perfectionist (aka OCD). I didn't think to add it later. That's a great idea.

Wow, Sheila. I'm very impressed with your patience using the pen tool. Your result is fantastic. I have the Flaming Pear effects, too. They come in handy when I remember to use them.

~ Michele