Love Story Challenge

Cassel

Really amazing and lovely new pages here!

This is my Day 3... I made many papers with the kaleidoscope pattern because is really fun and they are so different from each other.

So, I decided to make the elements using these papers. I also use them for the adhesive tape, but those were done with Cassel's AdhesiveTape Script. So much easier and faster!

Loved doing the bokeh! Here is my granddaughter about five years ago. She has had a camera in her face from the day she was born, so she is not shy about it at all! I thought this photo went very well with the bokeh! Her face takes up the entire photo, so I didn't unmask a lot! I previously tried this effect earlier and her face was too big!

Day 7

Carole thank you for the tutorials. I learn a lot. I enjoyed this challenge, and I will miss the emails everyday with the surprise of what I whas going to learn this day.

<span id="result_box" class="" lang="en" tabindex="-1"><span class="">It was also very nice to see the works of the other members.</span></span>

Day 5 - This is ZIM, a Savannah, who had been abandoned and wandered in to my yard one day. I located the previous owner, but they didn't want him as he is quite the handful and he does not like other cats. Savannah's are worth a lot of money and while I was trying to find him a new home, he was stolen. After a long investigation and 54 long days, gratefully the police and animal control brought him back to me. He was in bad shape. ZIM is now living on 60 acres outside of Lake Tahoe, California. He is loving life as an indoor and outdoor cat and his family adores him. I love and miss him so much, but so grateful that he's loved, happy and safe. As for this page, I know it's 'busy' but I'm happy with it and thankful for learning new stuff. Day 5 is the last link I received, the group mails come through fine, but the links somehow get lost. LOVE everyone's pictures!

<span style="color: #333333; font-style: normal; font-weight: 400;">Day 5 - This is ZIM, a Savannah, who had been abandoned and wandered in to my yard one day. I located the previous owner, but they didn't want him as he is quite the handful and he does not like other cats. Savannah's are worth a lot of money and while I was trying to find him a new home, he was stolen. After a long investigation and 54 long days, gratefully the police and animal control brought him back to me. He was in bad shape. ZIM is now living on 60 acres outside of Lake Tahoe, California. He is loving life as an indoor and outdoor cat and his family adores him. I love and miss him so much, but so grateful that he's loved, happy and safe. As for this page, I know it's 'busy' but I'm happy with it and thankful for learning new stuff. Day 5 is the last link I received, the group mails come through fine, but the links somehow get lost. LOVE everyone's pictures!</span>

Cassel, I posted my day 5 and had to edit for spelling. It won't let me re-submit. It states that it's a duplicate post? I don't see it, lol! It was right underneath Marie's Day 7 of her pretty dog. I also did not receive the links for days 6 and 7. The group mails come through fine, not the links.

@cassel

I see to have a problem with sizing of my patterns. I thought I watched carefully for both the plaid and the kalioscope but I think they are so small they hardly appear at all. I even tried to put a solid background behind the kaleidoscope but it's still too faint. Aarrgghh!!

Teri

@ Teri, the size of the tile depends on the size of the starting image you have and how big a selection you make. If you have a tile that is too small to your liking, maybe you just started with a piece of image that was too small. Since it is a kaleidoscope effect, you can easily enlarge your tile first, and then apply the effect. The design will not need to have a sharp starting image. Or, you can also try to use a larger scale in the Material Properties window when you select your tile. Give this a try.

@ Teri, yes, typically, a scrapbook layout will be created at 3600x3600 pixels with a 300 ppi resolution. However, the resolution in itself means nothing until you print it. So if you are to keep your layouts on your computer, or in a digital frame, and never print, you can set it to anything, but just in case you might want to print it later, it is always a good way to set it to 300 ppi (you can set it by default, in File > Preferences > General Program Preferences under the Units tab. For your tile, you can create one at 100 pixels (which will be small but can also be considered subtle) or 300 pixels (which would be average) or 600 (which is starting to feel a bit big), however, you can always adjust the scale when you chose that tile as a pattern.

Day 5 - This was a fun challenge. I ended up scrapping my first try and minimizing the amount of the paw brush strokes used. I know the bkg is a bit busy, but I'm happy with it. This is ZIM, a Savannah, who had been abandoned and wandered into my yard one day. I located the previous owner, but they didn't want him as he is quite the handful and he does not like other cats. Savannah's are worth a lot of money and while I was trying to find him a new 'free and forever home', he was stolen from me. After a long investigation and 54 heart breaking days, gratefully the police and animal control located and returned him back to me. He was in bad shape. Today, ZIM is now living on 60 acres outside of Lake Tahoe, California. He is loving life as an indoor and outdoor cat and his new family adores him. I love and miss him so much, but so grateful that he's loved, healthy, safe and living the life that he deserves. I'm now an advocate for people to do their research before adopting exotic animals. (OK Cassel, let's see if adding a bunch of text and changing the size of the pic a bit helps it to post. :) Fingers crossed, thank you for your help!)

@ Leslie, you applied the technique very well. I might just suggest to add more blur to the one layer that seems "sharper" than the others. For the rest of the light spots, they are... spot on!

@ Rizzi, you are the creator so it is quite ok to change the template to suit your photo, and your own preferences.

@ Cheryl, sometimes, a busy background goes well with the feel you want to give to your project. There is usually no right or wrong way to do it. Handsome animal, by the way!

@ Jennifer, I do hope you continue to play and explore PSP too!

@ Marie-Claire, that polkadot pattern makes a statement without being overwhelming. I see you picked the blue from the photo. That is a great way to make the paper match the image and make it cohesive.

@ Cristina, it is so interesting how your page looks very different, yet you still started with the same template! That is the beauty of knowing how to use the program and the supplies you have; you can always change anything you want.

@ Teri, I am glad to see that you can still use those elements you have gathered over the years. It is a great thing to have a varied stash of supplies. And by the way, the Pick tool tends to be... picky in the last couple of versions of PSP. The mode tends to change randomly on you so it is nothing you do that changes it, it does it on its own.

Thank you, Cassel. I have to say that since I found your site almost two years ago, I have learned a LOT with you.

This is my Day 4 page... The elements are the same I have been using... "Escale Amoureuse Partie 2" from Day 1 freebie.

I like the effect of using the brush around the photo.

The font is ChalkDust. I used Cassel's DateStamp #5 Script.

my Day 6...... quite some time after Jack passed away Ernie came into Mum's life and they were married. He was also a very dear man. Mum never married again after Ernie passed away but she had us to keep her company  right up until she  passed away at 98 years old.  I felt I needed a softer Bokeh effect for this photo so that is what I did.

@cassel  Carole,  I definitely have a problem.  I went back to the tutorial. In it you can see the pattern i the swatch box.  In my screen shots, the swatch doesn't show.  It appears transparent. I checked the image and made sure it did not have any transparent layers.  Something in my settings must not be right or I am missing a step.  You can see the image I am using for the pattern swatch.

Guess I need to solve this problem before I can work on any more challenges.  :-(

Thanks for the help.

Day 7.....  this photo was taken in 1982 and this year we will celebrate our 46th Wedding Anniversary.

to everyone who has participated in this challenge so far, it has been a pleasure to come and view your beautiful  work ...  and to Carole (Cassel) Thank you so much for all the time and effort you give to putting up all the challenges here in the campus.. I know I appreciate it very much and I enjoy participating in them.

best wishes to everyone,

Dawn.