Newsletter chitchat - September 10, 2024

Cassel

I have never heard of radio bingo but this sounds awesome for me and my blind friends that like to play bingo but there is not enough interest in a central location. Yes, it is easy to find all braille or print braille bingo cards and player pieces.

• Like 2

Radio Bingo? How does that work? Is it over the radio or at a physical location that they sponsored?
When I was in my twenties my friends and I would go to Bingo. Whenever my friend, Mark, would win, he would jump up and yell, "Bingo, Bango, Bongo!" The old ladies loved him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Michele said:

Radio Bingo? How does that work? Is it over the radio or at a physical location that they sponsored?

Cards are sold in bundles. You can buy them in many locations in town, at convenience stores, gaz stations, etc. They sell for $10/bundle.

In our case, each bundle has 9 cards in each of 6 colors. So you start with all the blue cards. On the air, they say which type of bingo you play for (straight line, four corners, two lines, around the FREE, full card, etc.) They then call each number and wait somewhere around 15 seconds. And they keep going. When someone has a bingo, they call the station number where someone will check if it is a valid bingo (each card is numbered). They announce on air that there is a potential winner (or winners since it could be more than one) and we get a commercial break for that time. Then, they come back on air to say if there was a winner or not. If not, we continue. If there was, then we change to a different color card, with a different bingo, and so on.

As far as I can understand, this bingo (which is weekly) is used as a fundraiser for the Kinsmen's club and the animal shelter.

You can check their web page.

Other radio stations around here have other bingos. 

• Love 2

I listened to the podcast, very good!! Really explained so well what you can do with Paintshop Pro, and what you can find and learn in the Scrapbook Campus and in the store. So so much!
I enjoyed listening to it. Everything clearly explained, as always, as we are used to from you Carole 👏

• Love 2

I listened to that podcast as well and like Marie-Claire enjoyed it very much. When you explained and told your story it was as if I was listening at a masterclass without seeing you.😉

I have never heard of a Radio Bingo over here. There are bingo's held in community centers, pubs, retirement homes etc. Many years ago, before the mobile phone, there was a radio show that called a randomly selected phone number and when answered asked if you were listening to the show or if you could turn the radio on. Then the presenter asked a question on the show and if you knew the answer you could win a prize. It was my lucky day because out of all the phone numbers I was called! To this day I don't remember what that specific question was but the prize was 2 tickets for the show of Cirque du Soleil that was playing in Amsterdam and we had very good seats too to see all the acrobatic acts.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Years ago we had a radio station that would play a few seconds of a song. Then people would call in to see if they could identify it. The station had a variety of games they would play. It was a lot of fun.

I listened to the podcast, too. You were, as usual, wonderful, Carole.

• Like 1