Belt Buckle

I've been going through the Creative Scrap Tutorials and trying to do some new ones (new for me). I just had so much fun with this one.  Don't know if you can see it in the downsized image, but I used the fine leather effect for my belt.

large.BeltBuckle0101600.jpg.eff3d401bf6d50a9af4dc68ae31f5c80.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOW 2
  • Love 4

On 8/16/2024 at 12:00 PM, Michele said:

I've been going through the Creative Scrap Tutorials and trying to do some new ones (new for me). I just had so much fun with this one.  Don't know if you can see it in the downsized image, but I used the fine leather effect for my belt.

large.BeltBuckle0101600.jpg.eff3d401bf6d50a9af4dc68ae31f5c80.jpg

This came out great, Michele. 

Isn't it amazing what we can create with Carole's tutorials?

I remember looking for the first time at the Creative Scrap Tutorial Preview Photos, and it was like Christmas for me.

The Tutorial Preview with the photo is still my go-to when I want to create something more than the Tutorial Alphabetical, which can be very useful sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cristina said:

This came out great, Michele. 

Isn't it amazing what we can create with Carole's tutorials?

I remember looking for the first time at the Creative Scrap Tutorial Preview Photos, and it was like Christmas for me.

The Tutorial Preview with the photo is still my go-to when I want to create something more than the Tutorial Alphabetical, which can be very useful sometimes.

It's like a kid in a candy store! I look through the previews when I'm looking for something specific because we don't always call things the same. When I'm simply teaching myself, I go through it alphabetically which I'm doing right now. I'm skipping the ones from the Labs because I want to do those in full.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Michele said:

It's like a kid in a candy store! I look through the previews when I'm looking for something specific because we don't always call things the same. When I'm simply teaching myself, I go through it alphabetically which I'm doing right now. I'm skipping the ones from the Labs because I want to do those in full.

Many of the labs are in the creative scrap tutorials. So you can find them referenced in both places! I actually have a spreadsheet that I have them cross-referenced but need to get it current... I'm a few months behind.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

Many of the labs are in the creative scrap tutorials. So you can find them referenced in both places! I actually have a spreadsheet that I have them cross-referenced but need to get it current... I'm a few months behind.

Yes, all the tutorials in The Lab SHOULD be listed also in the Creative Scrap. Otherwise, there would be no way to know where to look when you want to create a particular element/effect.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Cassel said:

Yes, all the tutorials in The Lab SHOULD be listed also in the Creative Scrap. Otherwise, there would be no way to know where to look when you want to create a particular element/effect.

Yeah, it is the beginning creative scrap tutorials that don't show up in labs (for example in paper patterns from Plaid paper 1 to Chevron pattern). I worded it wrong... should have said that many of the creative scrap tutorials are from the labs in my reply to Michele since she said she was doing the tutorials first.

I'm guessing that the reason for tutorials not being in the labs is because you started the tutorials before starting the lab section of the website.

12 minutes ago, Rene Marker said:

I'm guessing that the reason for tutorials not being in the labs is because you started the tutorials before starting the lab section of the website.

Exactly. The Creative Scrap started with the beginning of the Campus, in 2011, but TheLab format only started in 2015. I still wanted all the tutorials listed in one place.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Rene Marker said:

That's exactly right. I'll be doing the Labs at some point, but I only have the time for the tutorials right now.

• Like 3